Toronto's Off-Season

Doc

Toronto's off season has been a busy one so far. With the finals not even done yet, BC makes a trade to send Kapono for Evans to finally gives us some toughness and someone who can rebound. That was the start of a new look team.

2008-2009

Andrea / Jake / POB / Jawai

Bosh /Hump

Marion / Graham

Parker/ Kapono / Banks

Calderon / Ukic / Douby

Now compare that to this year's line up so far

Andrea / POB

Bosh / Evans

Hedo / Geroge

Demar / Wright / Banks / Douby

Calderon / Jack (Hopefully) / Ukic

That seems like a much better improvement and one of the best teams the raptors have came up with in awhile. With a chance to still re-sign Delfino, Rasho, and have a little more cash to sign a backup center or wing for the min. The raptors might find themselves in the 5th to 7th spot in the east. Alot of people have been doubting BC but he has came with ful force. Making moves that would really excite Chris Bosh. It seems we have kinda slowly moved away from that Euro style play and having more an balance attack, with Jack and Demar. Calderon being 100% and Andrea coming off a great 2009 (but horrible 2008), it seems like it doesn't look too bad for the raptors. For once.

Unless Bargnani is able to do what he did in the ladder half of last year, we'll be hard pressed to win more than 45 games this year. The East is much stronger than it was last time we were able to win 45+ games. We are going to rely so much on our shooting it's sad. There are still moves that need to be made, but this is a team I am anxious to watch, I will be in the arena opening night hopefully to see another W to start what is hopefully the Raptors best year to date. This is the best team we've probably ever had in Toronto.

EDIT- On paper.

Edited by travesy3

Evans was a good pick up and Wright has potential. Imo...this team can make the playoffs and I predict they'll be like the 6 seed. Definitely better than last year's roster. They drafted well and got rid of Marion in a good way. They still have the MLE even I think.

^^ The a majority of the MLE is going to Jack, some will be used to grab someone else. Delfino can be resigned without hurting the cap and Rasho will probably be brought in for the LLE.

I can't wait for Game #1.