Guarantees on Heat squad

• Owner
No, in order to sign LBJ and Bosh we had to renounce our rights to all of our FA's so we don't have anyone's Bird Rights.

That's correct, actually. Not sure what I was thinking. Those FA's were basically taking up the cap space...called the free agent amount.

I actually knew that. I was explaining it last year on TLN, when someone was talking about us getting under the cap by trading Bynum for picks, then signing a free agent or two, THEN re-signing Ariza and Odom.

Sorry for the confusion, guys.

T-Mac would be a horrible fit, even though I want to see him win a ring. He can't shoot the ball efficiently, needs the ball in his hands to be effective, is injury prone and an average defender WHEN HEALTHY. Bad fit alongside Bron/Wade/Bosh.

Maybe, if for some miracle, they come back out of loyalty. Big props if they do, but they probably won't.

I don't like the TMac idea, I get the feeling he still thinks he is a great player, when in reality his back problems destroyed his career. He is gonna want the ball too much and take stupid shots, plus he would be a backup.

Edited by SRV

T-Mac would be a horrible fit, even though I want to see him win a ring. He can't shoot the ball efficiently, needs the ball in his hands to be effective, is injury prone and an average defender WHEN HEALTHY. Bad fit alongside Bron/Wade/Bosh.

Come on we're talking about a minimum salary player...

Tracy's court vision and passing skills are still incredible for a foward and still rival that of Lebron James. His jump shot isn't great but the guy can drive to the basket and finish and he can rebound the ball pretty well. Not a bad skill set at all and he can be solid with the second unit.

He's just NEVER healthy is the issue but for the minimum, its worth taking to AT LEAST take look at him.

Come on we're talking about a minimum salary player...

Tracy's court vision and passing skills are still incredible for a foward and still rival that of Lebron James. His jump shot isn't great but the guy can drive to the basket and finish and he can rebound the ball pretty well. Not a bad skill set at all and he can be solid with the second unit.

He's just NEVER healthy is the issue but for the minimum, its worth taking to AT LEAST take look at him.

T-Mac was my favorite player, I watched him religiously since since like 2001. I know his game well. I agree he has amazing court vision and passing ability, but last year he had a very hard time getting to the rim, couldn't shoot the ball with any kind of efficiency, does not move off-ball (why he didn't work with Adelman well), can't defend with the loss of athleticism, and he's not a guy who does all the "little things." All of those things will be necessary playing alongside 3 of the top 10-15 players in the league who all need the ball in their hands to be very effective.

I'm not saying the Heat shouldn't sign him, because at this point they are going to really need to dig around to get quality players around Wade/Bron/Bosh, which will be tough to do with their salary situation. All I'm saying is that it wouldn't be a good fit on that team unless T-Mac changes his game; something he seems to think he doesn't have to do yet, and something he hasn't had to do since he was a teenager.

Honestly, T-Mac would be a much better fit in LA, even though I don't even know if that's the best idea in the world.

• Like 1

IMO if he's willing to come for the minimum I'm willing to give him a shot to be our 6th or 7th man off the bench. We are gonna need a scorer when those guys aren't on the floor.

IMO if he's willing to come for the minimum I'm willing to give him a shot to be our 6th or 7th man off the bench. We are gonna need a scorer when those guys aren't on the floor.

As I said, you guys might not have much of a choice, but I don't think at anytime that both Wade and LeBron will be off the court for more than 2-3min of gametime. The entire big 3 will still probably be averaging at least 35MPG. You guys need players that can feed off them, not vice versa (which is the way T-Mac works, which is why Adelman hated him).

I used to like the idea of getting T-Mac only because I assumed the Heat would be getting ONE star other than Wade. Now that the Heat have the BIG 3 (is "big" a big enough word?), there's just no place for him on the team.

I used to like the idea of getting T-Mac only because I assumed the Heat would be getting ONE star other than Wade. Now that the Heat have the BIG 3 (is "big" a big enough word?), there's just no place for him on the team.

I guess we'll disagree on this but I would absolutely welcome the idea of having T-Mac here to be our top scoring option off the bench. We saw last year how much our second unit struggled to score at time when the first team was on the bench. There's going to be stretches this year when the big 3 is all on the bench or maybe 2 of them will be. I think having a legit scoring option like T-Mac wouldn't hurt at all.

Anyone else think Allen Iverson tries to get in touch with the Heat?

Thats the thing. Guys like AI, Shaq, and TMac are all former All-stars. They had their time, but their skills are horrible now, they are helpful, but in their minds they feel they are the great players they used to be. So obviously they will complain if they don't have a big role, and thats the last thing we need. We need veterans who know they aren't all-stars, they have a job and thats all they want to do.

I guess we'll disagree on this but I would absolutely welcome the idea of having T-Mac here to be our top scoring option off the bench. We saw last year how much our second unit struggled to score at time when Wade was on the bench. There's going to be stretches this year when the big 3 is all on the bench or maybe 2 of them will be. I think having a legit scoring option like T-Mac wouldn't hurt at all.

Anyone else think Allen Iverson tries to get in touch with the Heat?

Fixed.

With three superstars, I don't think finding scorers is the big issue here, lol. The Heat just need players that can defend, rebound, set screens, and feed off of the big three.

Here's what I think the roster is gonna look like come opening night:

PG: LeBron James/Mario Chalmers/Carlos Arroyo

SG: Dwyane Wade/Raja Bell

SF: Mike Miller/Quentin Richardson

PF: Chris Bosh/Jarvis Varnado

C: Brad Miller/Joel Anthony/Dexter Pittman

I 100% believe Riley envisioned LeBron taking on a Magic Johnson type role with this team.

Edited by Flash

The roster now stands at:

Dwyane Wade

LeBron James

Chris Bosh

Udonis Haslem

Mike Miller

Mario Chalmers

Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Dexter Pittman

Da'Sean Butler

Jarvis Varnado

Joel Anthony has a good chance of returning. Kenny Hasbrouck and Shavlik Randolph are likely to be signed, as well as probably one or two more players from the summer league team like maybe Patrick Beverly.

The Heat are now nearing a full roster.

Edited by Poe

^u got forgot Haslem

Heat are starting to look damn scary now with these additions..great.

Yea you're right. How could I forget him. -_-

And they started looking scary when they got Chris Bosh while keeping Wade. They looked frightening when they got LeBron James. Now they are a living nightmare with a full crew. :dribble:

Edited by Poe