Clippers add Foye, Gomes

Source

In one dizzying stretch, the Clippers reached agreements with forward Ryan Gomes and guard Randy Foye, helping fill two big needs in a couple of hours.

..Foye's contract is for two years, and said to be in excess of $8 million. Bob Myers, the agent for Gomes, told The Times his deal is for three years and $12 million, saying: "There was interest from multiple teams. We felt this was a great fit for Ryan."

Said Clippers General Manager Neil Olshey: "I think Ryan Gomes is an excellent addition to our team. Ryan is a proven, hardnosed veteran presence who is a consistent inside-out scorer with great character who has had a positive impact on every team he has been a part of."

There had been talk earlier in the day that Gomes was headed to Toronto, and speculation the Clippers had made an offer to free agent Mike Miller. Neither was correct, and it appears as though Miller, who met with the Clippers on Saturday, could be headed to the Knicks.

Not bad signings.

Davis, Foye, Thornton, Blake, Kaman..pretty nice starting five, though I'm guessing that's not it lol.

Clippers already had a good core of young shining players and these two players add on to the list.

Davis, Foye, Thornton, Blake, Kaman..pretty nice starting five, though I'm guessing that's not it lol.

Clippers already had a good core of young shining players and these two players add on to the list.

Thornton's with us buddy.

Thornton was traded to the Wizards in that 3-team trade at the deadline that sent Jamison to the Cavs.

I would also expect that Eric Gordon would start at the two over Foye. Unless the Clippers want to use Gordon in the Jason Terry role off of the bench (although he isn't exactly the same kind of player, but you know what I mean), I would expect him to start as he is clearly the better player than Foye is.

The Clippers have a promising lineup though. They've done a nice job of adding solid pieces through the draft over the past few years (Griffin, Gordon, Jordon, Bledose and Aminu) and getting some capable vets to compliment the youngsters (Butler and now Foye and Gomes). I'm not expecting them to make the playoffs this season (it depends on Griffin), but in a year or two, if everything pans out how you would expect it to, I think that they will definitely be a perennial playoff team.

Next offseason is going to be huge for them considering they own the Wolves unprotected first and will probably have cap space to use as well. I've always liked the Clippers dating back to the Miles and Richardson days, so it is nice to see them finally not [expletive]ing everything up, haha.

Next offseason is going to be huge for them considering they own the Wolves unprotected first and will probably have cap space to use as well. I've always liked the Clippers dating back to the Miles and Richardson days, so it is nice to see them finally not [expletive]ing everything up, haha.

Wow are you serious? That's likely a top 3 pick, holy crap.

I like the Clippers too, they got a good group of guys there. I have my eye on Aminu, I think he's going to be a very solid player. I see him and Gomes splitting the starting job at SF throughout the year.

Wow are you serious? That's likely a top 3 pick, holy crap.

I like the Clippers too, they got a good group of guys there. I have my eye on Aminu, I think he's going to be a very solid player. I see him and Gomes splitting the starting job at SF throughout the year.

It is from the Marko Jaric trade and I know that it was heavily protected whent he trade first happened. It might still be top 10 protected in the 2011 draft and then become unprotected in 2012. I think the protection wears of next season though, but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm a big fan of Randy Foye. He well definitely do well coming off the bench, because he is a good passer and shooter. He can also play the number two as well. I personally, believe Gomes is overrated, but a lot of people think he is really good, and is still a good pick-up for the Clippers. I too am in shock about finding out they have the T'Wolves draft pick this season. I honestly believe it could finally make them contenders if they choose the right guy.