West Standings

1. Lakers - Obvious reasons

2. Rockets - We will look much better with Yao, full year of Kevin Martin, and Ariza will be much better. Scola has been an improvement every year too

3. Blazers - I think they will surprise

4. Thunder - 50 wins last season, should improve enough to be 4th seed

5. Mavs - Getting old, Dirk could show his age this season, they could make it to 2nd seed but I feel like this will be a bad year for the Mavs, a lot depends on Beaubois too

6. Spurs - Like the Mavericks, they are aging. Could get higher seeds if Gino and Tony Parker hit form and George Hill improves

7. Nuggets - Had lots of chemistry problems after their 1st round loss.

8. Grizzlies - Improved a lot last year and could improve this year.

9. Jazz - The loss of Boozer/Korver will be costly in my opinion, and Hayward to me wont be a great player

10. Suns - No Stoudemire, their best post scorer. I can see Nash playing even less minutes. Dragic and Robin will likely play more minutes next year leading to more losses

11. Hornets - CP3 wanting a trade, struggled a bit last year until Collison just blew up

12. Clippers - Improved a lot and two words "Blake Griffin", their defense will improve by a lot which will help them win much more than the years before but will still be a mediocre team

13. Kings - Have a nice young team but arent ready to compete yet

14. Warriors - David Lee isnt enough to be a good team

15.Timberwolves - Will win maybe a few more than last year but still be last.

The Nuggets will be back guys... we're going to make an off-season change addressing our frontcourt... I do think we'll move Nene and J.R. Smith for quality players in return... and more consistent. Because those players are the face of "inconsistency" in the NBA, and we have two of them. We stress on ridding inconsistency and adding consistency.

And then I do think we will have Ty in the starting lineup... with Billups backing him up and to save his legs for the playoffs.

And lastly, I'm a big believer in Arron Afflalo... I do think he's going to have a breakout year with 15 ppg, 5 rpg, and 3 apg. He will be a legitimate Robin to Melo's Batman.

It's like a dejavu all over again. I remember last year when everyone put the Suns as #9 or #10 and even I put them at #9 or somewhere around there :lol:

1. Lakers

2. Mavs

3. Thunder

4. Rockets

5. Spurs

6. Blazers

7. Nuggets

8. Hornets

9. Jazz

10. Suns

11. Grizzlies

12. Clippers

13. Kings

14. Warriors

15. Timberwolves

I mean it, the West is so much more competitive this year with all the moves these teams have made. Kings added Cousins who I think will help them. Timberwolves added Beasley I think he will help them too. Warriors added Lee and I think he would help them.

I love this season's Western Conference. All the teams got stronger.

1. Lakers - Kobe. Gasol.

2. Rockets - Yao coming back would be a big lift. The rest of the roster contains great role players and scorers.

3. Blazers - If Oden is healthy this team will be great.

4. Mavs - They are a year older but still a team to be wary of.

5. Thunder - Westbrook, Jeff Green, Ibaka and the rest of the supporting cast should get better with experience. And they have Durant.

6. Nuggets - George Karl coming back should stable things. But the lack of a steady attacking option besides Billups and Melo hurts.

7.Spurs - A year older. A year worse off.

8. Clippers - If the West isn't this strong I would put them higher. Blake Griffin + the addition of Foye, Gomes, Aminu will give them a big boost.

9. Suns - No Amare really hurts.

10.Jazz - They really aren't that much worse off replacing Boozer with Millsap. The lack of depth in the bench will hurt though.

11. Grizzlies - Pretty much the same team so the same results should be expected.

12. Hornets - Sorry, just can't see CP3 passing to many other scorers out there except for West. He does the most damage with his passing, not his scoring.

13. Warriors - Exciting team to watch but won't get much results.

14. Kings - The rest of the West is too strong. Team to watch in the future though.

15. Timberwolves - Their star player if Big Al gets traded would be Kevin Love, Jonny Flynn or Michael Beasley...yikes. Wes Johnson has a bright future though.

1. Los Angeles Lakers - Should be no contest for 'em.

2. Dallas Mavericks - They are gonna be hyped up, but at the end of every game they will fall apart against the Lakers.

3. Denver Nuggets - I don't see why everyone is counting them out.

4. Portland Trailblazers - And this is being optimistic.

5. Oklahoma City Thunder - Kevin. Durant. baby!

6. San Antonio Spurs - Unless injuries set them back, I don't see their bodies keeping up.

7. Houston Rockets - Not getting any younger either, but not better than the Spurs.

8. Memphis Grizzlies - The tide is changing people! Wake up!

9. Utah Jazz - Without Boozer, things are gonna get tougher.

10. New Orleans Hornets - Not much improvement with the franchise. CP3 say hello to Miami.

11. Phoenix Suns - I feel bad for Steve Nash. Hopefully he'll turn to a run with the Raptors.

12. Sacramento Kings - Every year they seem to be getting better. We'll see how the draft picks work out and if they make any moves this off season.

13. Los Angeles Clippers - I like the Clippers too... :(

14. Golden State Warriors - Who is on this team?

15. Minnesota Timberwolves - My boys.

1. Los Angeles Lakers - Should be no contest for 'em.

2. Dallas Mavericks - They are gonna be hyped up, but at the end of every game they will fall apart against the Lakers.

3. Denver Nuggets - I don't see why everyone is counting them out.

4. Portland Trailblazers - And this is being optimistic.

5. Oklahoma City Thunder - Kevin. Durant. baby!

6. San Antonio Spurs - Unless injuries set them back, I don't see their bodies keeping up.

7. Houston Rockets - Not getting any younger either, but not better than the Spurs.

8. Memphis Grizzlies - The tide is changing people! Wake up!

9. Utah Jazz - Without Boozer, things are gonna get tougher.

10. New Orleans Hornets - Not much improvement with the franchise. CP3 say hello to Miami.

11. Phoenix Suns - I feel bad for Steve Nash. Hopefully he'll turn to a run with the Raptors.

12. Sacramento Kings - Every year they seem to be getting better. We'll see how the draft picks work out and if they make any moves this off season.

13. Los Angeles Clippers - I like the Clippers too... :(

14. Golden State Warriors - Who is on this team?

15. Minnesota Timberwolves - My boys.

......our oldest player is Shane Battier who is 32. Our core is basically all young, Yao is the only one thats 30.

1. Lakers (Until the Lakers are dethroned they are the #1 team on the West)

2. Thunder (Alot of people may say I'm overrating the Thunder but I honestly believe the Thunder can get the #2 seed. I felt they played the Lakers the best out of all the western teams including the Suns, and Durant and Westbrook will only continue to get better. Their already a good team all they need are big men and they will be scary. They addressed it with Cole Aldrich in the draft at the Center spot I'm guessing he will play so all they need is a true PF. And I've heard the Thunder plans on trading Jeff Green.

3. Mavericks (The Mavs were the #2 seed last year but lost in the 1st round of the playoffs against the Spurs. I still think the Mavs will be just as good and i'll say why. Last year the Mavs pretty much had to adjust with alot of new players in their rotation, this year they will get the chance to play a full season with them with Dirk Nowitzki returning.)

4. Spurs (People always like to say the Spurs are dinosaurs but for the past 2 years they have really improved their bench with young guns. They got a steal in George Hill and DeJuan Blair and I think James Anderson is another good fit for San Antonio. Add these guys with the Spurs big 3 of Duncan, Parker , and Ginobli and they can make things happen.)

5. Nuggets (The Nuggets have the same team as last year pretty much so I don't think they wil be any better or worst than they were last year. Sure they got bumped out of the first round by Utah but George Karl was having surgery which I feel IMO was the reason Denver played so horribly against Utah. With Karl back on the sidelines Denver will come back stronger.

6. Rockets (As a Rocket fan I'm guessing I'm shocking alot of people by putting the Rockets this far back. But with the West being as hard as it is and the type of team the Rockets have, I honestly see us being no better than 5th or 6th in the West and that's with a healthy Yao. I mean it really isn't a bad thing considering that this is the seed we are most of the time when were in the playoffs but we would really love to be better. The only way I see us getting at least a #1 or #2 seed is if we make a major trade which I honestly see happening for the Rockets this year or if Yao Ming of course in healthy for majority of the year and has an MVP type season.)

7. Blazers (I would have put the Blazers higher but their team as just as if not more injury prone than the Rockets, well Yao anyway. I believe they'll still make it to the playoffs but obviously the injury's will come and I see them being no higher than 6th or 7th.)

8. Grizzles (With the Sun's and Jazz losing their All Star fowards I believe that will now open 2 spots for 2 other Western teams. One of the teams I choose are the Memphis Grizzles. They did good last year even though they were under .500 but the good thing is at least they were 2 games under .500. I defintley see the Grizzles back in the playoffs this up coming season with them re-signing Rudy Gay and drafting rookies in Xavier Henry and Greivis Vasquez. And hopefully for Grizzles fans Zack Randolph will stay out of trouble,

9. Clippers (I see the Clippers being the Oklahoma City Thunder of this season. With a healthy Blake Griffin, an all star in Chris Kaman, vetern in Baron Davis, Scorer in Eric Gordan, and a nice young rookie in Aminu they can make a run for the 8th seed. And it would be ironic if they are to face the Lakers in the playoffs.

10. Jazz (As I said the Jazz lost Boozer but I don't think they'll be that bad off. At the worst I see them being the 9th or 10th seed with a winning record kind of like how the Rockets were this season. And at the same time they could surprise me and actually make a run for the 8th seed.)

11. Suns (Same thing for Pheonix as Utah.)

12. Hornets (Theirs so many question marks on this team for me. They have a problem at the PG position, they can't decide weather to keep or trade either Paul or Collison. I'll say this if Paul stays I see them being one of the few teams on the West going for the 8th spot, but if Paul is to be traded this year I see them going back and being no better than teams such as Sacramento.

13. Kings (I'm starting to like this team, their continuing to get better in alot of area's. But unfortanatly for them their in the West so i don't really see them being any better than what they were last year. At the best I see them improving the record to at least 30 or more wins but thats about it.)

14. Warriors (The Warriors definetly improved this season with drafting an athletic and defensive big man Ekpe Udoh and getting David Lee in a S & T, but I don't see them contending for the playoffs. Like the Kings I think the well at least improve their record to 30 or more wins and in the future be a team that can compete for the playoffs.)

15. TimberWolves (The T-Wolves I think once again will have the worst record in the West. However like I said about the Kings and Warriors I think they will improve their record from last year to at least 20 or more wins. Sure it's not great but for Minnesota its actually a pretty good start and a step in the right direction.)

Edited by htownborn

1. Los Angeles Lakers

2. Dallas Mavericks

3. Houston Rockets

4. Portland Trailblazers

5. Denver Nuggets

6. Oklahoma City Thunder

7. San Antonio Spurs

8. New Orleans Hornets

9. Memphis Grizzlies

10. Phoenix Suns

11. Utah Jazz

12. Los Angeles Clippers

13. Sacramento Kings

14. Golden State Warriors

15. Minnesota Timberwolves

the west is so tough, imo the top 12 all have a chance of getting a record over .500