Nets reach deal with Petro

Doc

lol this Russian guy has been awful, Nets fans must be bummed. Blueprint for Mediocrity. Get that banner away from MSG.

I dont think the owner decides who they buy or not? The manager makes all the moves.

Plus they signed Anthony Morrow

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

because we will have a better record, better coach, better location (bk hopefully) and far better 'young' 'untainted' players.

I don't see why he would go to NY.

Better record? didn't the Nets go 12-70 last year? Favors is going to make that much of a difference huh?

I have to disagree. We put everything in to LeBron James and it was clear he had made his mind up way before a couple days ago. What other moves could we have done? Overpay Amare? Overpay Boozer? Our plan was get LeBron and if not, rebuild with youth which we have done picking up three guys under 25 years of age.

Lol if your ever going to convince someone to come to NJ you are going to have to overpay them, so yes you should have overpayed someone and at least made your team better instead going LeBron or bust.

You're acting as if its 10 million a year. Its only 3.3 millon a year. 3.3 millon out of a 58 million salary cap...... he is 4 percent of our salary cap and you are crying and coming in here OMGGGG TERRIBLE SIGNING OMGGGG... how annoying are you for real

It doesn't matter if it was 10 million over 1 year or 10 million over 20 years, the Nets still committed 10 million dollars to a guy who probably shouldn't be making more than the veteran minimum.

Lol if your ever going to convince someone to come to NJ you are going to have to overpay them, so yes you should have overpayed someone and at least made your team better instead going LeBron or bust.

So we should have gave Boozer $85 million then have him cry on the bench when all we can grab is an 8th seed rather than add a whole bunch of youth and hope we have a superstar among our young dudes?

Add that with the fact Rod Thorn is retiring, I doubt he wanted to handcuff the next general manager with large contracts that cannot be moved.

Look at how the Pistons did this year after throwing money at best availible free agents. Not very good IMO.

So we should have gave Boozer $85 million then have him cry on the bench when all we can grab is an 8th seed rather than add a whole bunch of youth and hope we have a superstar among our young dudes?

Add that with the fact Rod Thorn is retiring, I doubt he wanted to handcuff the next general manager with large contracts that cannot be moved.

Look at how the Pistons did this year after throwing money at best availible free agents. Not very good IMO.

Haha and you were probably one of the people the Knicks in 08 when the started making cap moves in 2010, what you are suggesting is essentially the same thing the Knicks have been doing.

Haha and you were probably one of the people the Knicks in 08 when the started making cap moves in 2010, what you are suggesting is essentially the same thing the Knicks have been doing.

I have no idea what that first part means but I assume you are saying Nets are doing what the Knicks did in '08?

I'd say it's a bit different as we have a 22-year old stud center to build around. We also have been piling up draft picks as well as trading the old for the young like Carter and Jefferson for the likes of Yi and Lee. Though it might not always turn out right, it's a much smarter way for a franchise who is moving in two years to make a product like the Thunder while the Knicks are much higher up in basketball popularity so it makes sense to grab Amare.

I have no idea what that first part means but I assume you are saying Nets are doing what the Knicks did in '08?

I'd say it's a bit different as we have a 22-year old stud center to build around. We also have been piling up draft picks as well as trading the old for the young like Carter and Jefferson for the likes of Yi and Lee. Though it might not always turn out right, it's a much smarter way for a franchise who is moving in two years to make a product like the Thunder while the Knicks are much higher up in basketball popularity so it makes sense to grab Amare.

Disagree like you said you have a nice core with harris favors lopez, why not add Boozer or Amar'e and start adding talent before your players get old enough to be in the same situation that LeBron was just in.

Disagree like you said you have a nice core with harris favors lopez, why not add Boozer or Amar'e and start adding talent before your players get old enough to be in the same situation that LeBron was just in.

Because players like that, the Nets don't feel are worth the money they are getting which is true. Why overpay one guy when you can add a bunch of guys with potential and hope for the best rather than signing someone whose potential is over and is locked up for another five years when we just drafted a power forward third overall.

Why overpay Amar'e or Boozer when you can overpay Travis Outlaw

I think the Outlaw signing was one of the best moves by the Nets. He can play the three and the four which allows for Terrence, Damion and Derrick all to get plenty of playing time as Outlaw can switch back and forth. Add that with the Nets being high on Favors, he can start at small forward or even move to a sixth man role.

I'm not saying Outlaw > Amare but for this team, it's true.