Politics section

Flash

I think there should be one. The political discussions on here can get pretty good depending on the topic so I think there should be a politics sub forum in the off-topic section.

Basically the discussion would range from Obama is a stupid n*****

You wanna point out when anyone on here has said that?

You can call it the "Flash bashes the Democrats" forum.

Dont' hate Democrats. My 2 best friends are actually liberals. Doesn't mean I have to like Obama though. Am I not entitled to my own opinion?

Edited by Flash

See this thread?

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/13764-signing-party-tonight/page__pid__156898__st__140#entry156898

See all the bickering and "u mad" posts? This is why we can't have nice things.

I saw, but that was done by 1 person.

Actually, there should be a debate thread and certain members who ask for permissions to gain access can get into the debate thread, if they bicker it causes them to lose access.

No thanks.

This is a basketball forum and you should be talking mostly about basketball, other sports, and general off-topic things. Talking about religion and politics is only going to cause problems between the members and cause problems for the staff. Nothing good is going to come out of having a sub-forum for politics and religion.

I am against the idea of talking about politics and religion on a basketball forum because I have never seen this work and talking about politics on a basketball forum will always cause problems.

RD had a politics and religion forum on a forum he runs and he quickly deleted the sub-forum after a couple of weeks because the members would personally attack each other and break the rules.

I think it works pretty easily like this:

If you make the forum, there are strings attached. For example, zero tolerance. If you bait, troll, flame, make personal attacks, etc, you lose access to the board and are never granted it again. Maybe we could have 1 warning to start off with just so everyone can see what is okay and what is not. It should also be invisible to people that do not want to participate, so people browsing cannot form an opinion about members without participating in the board to begin with. "You Mad" pics and others would be an instant ban from the board.

Just my $0.02

Edited by Lkr