Juwan Howard, James Jones and Raja Bell close to signing?

Flash

From Ira's Twitter:

Just confirmed that Juwan Howard has reached out to the Heat, and, yes, it is being considered as a viable option. This is getting insane.

Also, do not rule out a return by James Jones. Those wheels already have been set in motion. Minimum roster not looking so minimal.

As for Raja, apparently he rejected LA's offer and will sign with Miami unless Orlando significantly ups their offer which I see unlikely.

Raja will be a HUGELY underrated signing for the Heat. He will spread the floor so much because I can remember maybe 3 times that he put the ball on the floor. If he gets in a streak, he could make 4 to 5 threes in a game. This will improve their roster tenfold.

they need a big that will do some dirty work down on the low block. Any chance Haslem will sign for the minimum?

After the Miller deal we'll be left with a couple mil I think so Haslem will get the rest of that money.

Raja Bell=The Heat's Artest.

Lol, I wouldn't go that far but no doubt he's being brought in for his defense and ability to hit the open 3. Perfect guy to have off the bench.

Hopefully he isn't starting for them, he isn't as good as a lot of people think, let's not forget he is 34 years old... could be good for 20 minutes or so if he can still hit a J but he is overrated defensively at this point in his career.

Doubt he starts. He's here to be a role player off the bench for us.

Bell is still a top on-the-ball defender, he's plays dirty, and we need that kinda guy. I like Bosh but he's soft as baby [expletive], Bell adds a little muscle. I think Udonis comes back and plus Mike Miller....we good. Depth is going to be rough but I'll take Juwan Howard over some of the scrubs the Celts put together in the first season of their big 3.

We need to get Kwame to sign for a minimum deal. I'll actually take Kwame or Benjamin Wallace to stand their asses in the paint and rebound.

• Owner

James Jones won't contribute too much. He's a shooter, but a liability too many times in other aspects of the game.

Juwan Howard is another "big" but at the four. Miami needs to start looking at centers NOW. No time to waste.

Raja Bell would be a good signing, but someone will have to update me on that injury he suffered. The last time I read about it, he was in pretty bad shape. That will significantly change his game.

By the way, the Lakers never gave Bell an offer. Never contacted him. This is according to Raja, at least.