U.S. will have new team for Worlds

Lkr

Team USA will enter this summer’s World Championships without a single player from the 2008 Olympic roster, USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo told Yahoo! Sports.

Colangelo said that over the past 10 days every member of the U.S. Olympic team has declined an invitation to play this summer in Turkey, including Kobe Bryant(notes), who played through a number of injuries during the Los Angeles Lakers’ run to the 2010 NBA championship, and LeBron James(notes), Dwyane Wade(notes) and Chris Bosh(notes), who just signed with the Miami Heat. The last declined invitation came Saturday night when Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams(notes) called Colangelo.

USA Basketball is expected to add Rajon Rondo(notes) and center Robin Lopez(notes) to the World Championships roster. The team also has commitments from Kevin Durant(notes), Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) and Derrick Rose(notes).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ao0IVbV4qJ8n6WFvMvXjx3u8vLYF?slug=mc-teamusa071110

What a joke, I hope the nWo isn't allowed to play on the 2012 Olympic Team because of this stunt

+1 Serbia has role players no stars really.

Actually I disagree.

Serbia has Krstic and Teodosic

Some might laugh @ the fact that I mentioned Krstic but he is a legit scorer when he plays for Serbia, at Eurobasket he averaged 16 ppg for us.

Milos Teodosic on the other hand is a beast, he won the 2010 Euroleague MVP and averaged 15 ppg and 6 assists for us in Eurobasket and scored 32 points vs Slovenia in the semi-finals.

Lots of our other players are also good players on big European clubs like Panathinaikos, Olympiakos, Aris, Real Madrid, DKV Joventut, Barcelona, CSKA Moscow etc.

Not to mention we made it to the final of Eurobasket with a team full of 22 year olds and Krstic.

Edited by Yugodamus

lets be real, games are won with a team effort not a star player. I dont care if the US has 10 star players if they cant play well together they wont do good.

The only game that they have to play well together is against Spain. They can beat everyone else with talent alone.

First off, who cares about this FIBA crap? The only basketball tournament that matters is in the Olympics.

And Serbia definitely has the most basketball fans and talent outside of the United States.

Im pretty sure every team takes FIBA seriously, the US team doesnt.

You Serbian?

First off, who cares about this FIBA crap? The only basketball tournament that matters is in the Olympics.

And Serbia definitely has the most basketball fans and talent outside of the United States.

Argentina and Spain disagree

Wanna bet? tell me one serbian player whose better than Ginobli?

What does that have to do with his comment? I'd rather have 5 solid players that play well together than manu ginobili. Plus ginobili isn't what he used to be, Serbia has a lot of young talent that Americans don't know about because those games are only broadcasted in Europe. Watch Partizan play.

Edited by OG_Kush

What does that have to do with his comment? I'd rather have 5 solid players that play well together than manu ginobili. Plus ginobili isn't what he used to be, Serbia has a lot of young talent that Americans don't know about because those games are only broadcasted in Europe. Watch Partizan play.

Milos Teodosic, Novica Velickovic, and Uros Tripkovic are also great players in Europe.