Luther Head Contract Withdrawn

AS VEGAS -- The New Orleans Hornets will not offer free agent shooting guard Luther Head a contract because he had some physical issues during his physical examination that was a concern of the Hornets' medical staff. league sources said Wednesday.

Earlier this week Head and the Hornets had agreed to a two-year contract that was contingent on him passing his physical. Sources said the decision not to offer Head a contract did not have anything to do with general manager Jeff Bower and the Hornets mutually agreeing to part ways on Tuesday.

New Orleans is still working to reach a contract agreement to bring back backup center Aaron Gray, sources said. Until the Hornets hire a general manager, personnel decisions will handled by senior director of player personnel Brian Hagen, team president Hugh Weber, head coach Monty Williams with input coming from owners George Shinn and Gary Chouest.

Nola

I've basically given up on our front office. Nobody knows what they are doing. Until Chouest becomes the owner and the house is cleaned, I have no hope in our franchise. It's pathetic.

WojYahooNBA Just hung up the phone with agent Mark Bartelstein, who's irate over Hornets empty suit Hugh Weber reneging on a contract for Luther Head.

WojYahooNBA After firing Jeff Bower as GM, Weber is trying the slimy trick of 'failing' a healthy player on a physical to back out of a deal Bower made.

WojYahooNBA Weber is one more clown act running a team who doesn't know if the ball is stuffed or blown. With Shinn, he undermined Bower at every turn.

WojYahooNBA "This is just so unbelievably wrong," Bartelstein said. "This is just not the way I do business in the NBA."