Tracy McGrady close to signing with Heat

Cobb

Chad Ford wrote this on ESPN Insider:

"McGrady knows he's not going to get a huge deal at his age. But he's been eyeing South Beach and seems to be leaning toward taking a minimum deal for a chance to play with the Miami Thrice. The Bulls have some interest in McGrady too."

Wow, filling out the roster was way easier than I thought it would be.

I don't really want Mcgrady because I think he is one of those diva NBA players, but hopefully he puts his wants aside and plays for the championship.

I like Mcgrady as a player, but I have a feeling he will want a bigger role than what he will really have.

Not sure how good the Miami staff but they managed to keep Wade and Shaq in shape and healthy, so that is something. If Tracy can stay healthy this season then this signing could be gold.

the heat bench is actually starting to look like one of the best benches in the league...top that with arguably the scariest starting lineup in a while...and you got a damn good team...they got like the best FT shooting centers on their radar lol..they already have a deeper rotation than the lakers, everyone heat signed is gonna get decent minutes, and a few more names that we hear will all likely get minutes as well

but we all know at the end of the day it comes down to matchups and the coaches system that will get you deep in to the playoffs

Edited by Clutch

He doesn't really address any of this team's needs, he isn't a good shooter, isn't a great defender and won't have the ball in his hands.... he isn't a particularly useful off the ball player. I don't see why the Heat want him but I do see why he would want to go there.

I love it. We need a primary scorer to come off the bench as all our bench players are mainly hustle guys and if he's coming here to take the minimum then it means he's left his ego at the door.

The Heat don't need scorers. They need players who can defend and feed off the big three. Tracy does neither. DO NOT WANT.

And yea, I did used to want him on the team.. before I found out the Heat were getting LeBron James AND Chris Bosh.

Personally, I think he'd be a much, MUCH better fit on the Lakers. He'd be great in the triangle.

I will say that Raja Bell and others would be a better fit on the Heat, but T-Mac can still do two things extremely well- Create for teammates, and attract defensive attention. He will make the lives easier of the big 3, and will be a bench player that can create his own offense. He MUST be in great shape next season as his defense and ability to beat defenders off the dribble was almost non-existent last season. If he gets his weight down and is commited the 10-20MPG he'll probably get, he'll be a valuable asset for the vet minimum.

Personally, I think he'd be a much, MUCH better fit on the Lakers. He'd be great in the triangle.

I will say that Raja Bell and others would be a better fit on the Heat, but T-Mac can still do two things extremely well- Create for teammates, and attract defensive attention. He will make the lives easier of the big 3, and will be a bench player that can create his own offense. He MUST be in great shape next season as his defense and ability to beat defenders off the dribble was almost non-existent last season. If he gets his weight down and is commited the 10-20MPG he'll probably get, he'll be a valuable asset for the vet minimum.

Too bad because Raja Bell going to play for Jazz. Im surprised i never heard much news about him playing for Heat since some sources reported he would sign with Heat.

It's either Miami or Lakers. He wants to win a ring before retire and that's 2 great destinations to win a ring. Lakers want to 3peat with PJ's last run as a coach. And Miami Thrice is ready to kill every game. so in either way, these teams will go far this season