Sacramento Kings Summer League

Flight

I just got done watching the Kings play Minnesota, and let me say that Cousins looks like one of the top centers in the league. He's going to improve a bunch, but right now he's already very skilled in the post, physically dominant, a much better passer than I had realized (he had a couple amazing passes to Donte Greene, who looks very good too btw), and most of all, he's playing in his role. He had I believe 22 and 12 tonight, hit the game winner (a tough 10 foot hook over Patrick O'Bryant) with 2.8 seconds left after calling for the ball (sure, you could say he's selfish, but he's confident and it paid off).

All in all, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's the rookie of the year, an all star, or a future MVP. I think he's that good, and I do see immaturity but he's only what, 19 years old? I'd be immature too if I had the access to millions by playing a game for a living. That'll change with time.

I knew he was going to surprise people but I just didn't realize he'd be playing this good. Now granted, it's in the summer league but I think it'll carry over to the regular season. My friend told me before the draft happened, that DeMarcus Cousins would win ROY, I told him Griffin will likely win it. So far though, Cousins is looking fantastic so far.

As for him being immature, that'll role over mid season, he'll realize that he's the 1st/2nd option on this Kings team and learn to get his act together.