2010 NFL Breakout Players

EastCoastNiner

Which players do you think will have breakout seasons this year?

I told you fools that Vernon Davis would last year, and I'm letting you know that Michael Crabtree and Alex Smith will this year.

Last year Crabtree held out for five games, and still managed to get 48 receptions for 625 yards and two TD's, with a QB that had his first start that same week.

Alex Smith passed for 2,350 yards and 18 TD's while missing the first five games of the season. He finally has the same OC for two years in a row, and the O-Line is much improved.

Michael Crabtree will without a doubt get over 1,000 yards receiving this year, and Alex Smith will throw for 25+ TD's.

Alex Smith has all the things around him to succeed, but he won't throw more then 25 touchdowns. That's laughable. Only twelve quarterbacks threw for that number last year, and Alex Smith is in the bottom echelon of quarterbacks. Even in a pass friendly offense (Which it's not going to be, according to Singleton) it'd be tough for him. Knowing Smith, he'll either get injured or be totally ineffective.

One choice I like is Bernard Scott. He'll get a lot more carries then last year, and the odds Benson does something stupid are quite high. It's already happened once this offseason.

Homer pick for the Cards is Early Doucet. Came on a lot at the end of the season and had a nice playoffs. With Boldin gone, Doucet will do a lot of the things Anquan did for the offense, and could come into his own.

Agreed with everything ECN has said. I also think Crabtree and Alex Smith will have breakout years with their O-Line much improved. I also think it's also safe to say that we will win our division (finally lol).

Anyways, I have CJ Spiller and Ryan Matthews having solid seasons.

With LT gone, Matthews will get his opportunities and he will make the most of them getting all or the majority of the goaline touches.

As far as CJ goes, I have a feeling he will be a big play player busting long runs. Hopefully the Bills will use Spiller in the passing game like they do with Fred Jackson.

Edited by Prodigy

maybe he didnt suck, but he certainly was no where as good as you said he would be that season.

and we will see how kolb does, but i highly doubt that crabtree does better. you are gonna say that everyone on the 49ers will do better then everyone on the eagles or any other team, so arguing it is pretty pointless with you

I have no clue how Kolb will do, but I was obviously messing around with the Jackson comment, although I do think that Crabtree will have an excellent season, and possibly better than Jackson.

This is the first year that Alex Smith has a legitimate "fair" chance to succeed. He has the same OC from last season, which he's never had before, a re-made offensive-line, and a reliable receiving corps. If he doesn't do well this year, you will never hear me mention his name without the word bust associated, but I really think he will flourish, especially in the NFC West.

Mike Wallace, Dennis Dixon (yeah, I said it. [expletive] Roethlisberger), LeGarrette Blount (smash n dash is back in Tennessee), Earl Thomas, Kyle Wilson (defensive ROTY), Justin Forsett (probably gonna be close to 1,200 yards and a dozen touchdowns), Percy Harvin (I think he's gonna be a better returner, and a get thrown to more, and probably have a larger role with either wildcat or reverses), Jahvid Best (offensive ROTY), and some other guys I can't think of haha.

Edited by FreeAgent

Mike Wallace, Dennis Dixon (yeah, I said it. [expletive] Roethlisberger), LeGarrette Blount (smash n dash is back in Tennessee), Earl Thomas, Kyle Wilson (defensive ROTY), Justin Forsett (probably gonna be close to 1,200 yards and a dozen touchdowns), Percy Harvin (I think he's gonna be a better returner, and a get thrown to more, and probably have a larger role with either wildcat or reverses), Jahvid Best (offensive ROTY), and some other guys I can't think of haha.

There's not Oregon bias in this post at all :lol:

Agreed on Wallace tho, love him, Mike Thomas on the Jags is also a WR I expect to have a big year

• 4 weeks later...