OTRA Games and Rules

Poe

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contested layups shouldn't drop much. I increased the lay up sliders because of the complaints, but after playing a couple custom matches, I wish I kept them lower. I meant for scoring in the paint to be more difficult, as it is in real life. Meaning you actually have to have an open lane to score, and not just be able to force your way in there.

And yea, interior defenders like Gasol will get nine blocks if you aren't careful about your shot selection.

Edited by Poe

NAHHH FISHHY IMA BEAST ON THE DEFENSIVE END... sometimes lol if i dont get lost :lol:

i dont know if im being cheesy but i play as the center no matter what/who really. so most of the blocks are coming from me

but it is hard to get the sliders right because there is a difference missing a wide open lay-up and a contested one

when they are wide open they need/should go in but if you have it to high then it makes it easier for contested one

Did you turn the blocks sliders up? Jw.

Well, I did make a thread about it, didn't I? Two threads, actually. Here's the updated one: http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/14112-nba-2k10-sliders-update/

And you can check on XBL as well.

The main objective was to increase defenses and make it more difficult to score. I wanted to increase fouling and stealing, but unfortunately I couldn't manipulate foul tendencies, so I had to decrease stealing to keep people from abusing on-ball steals, since there is no way to protect the ball.

NAHHH FISHHY IMA BEAST ON THE DEFENSIVE END... sometimes lol if i dont get lost :lol:

i dont know if im being cheesy but i play as the center no matter what/who really. so most of the blocks are coming from me

Some people consider it cheesing to play defense with anyone other than the guy defending the ball. If it was, then 2K would have programmed the game so you don't have control of who you are using on defense, and can ONLY defend the person guarding the ball. Besides, being able to control just one player on defense limits the control of your help defenders, essentially turning the NBA into a one on one game.

So in other words, it's not cheesing. At least in my opinion.

Turn the block slider down a little, it's way to easy to block people.

As it should be... Or else I'm going to have to do a lot of damage to the layup and dunk sliders, which will consequently make you miss open ones as well.

Shot selection >

Also, I gave you guys a chance to suggest changes before the league started, yet nobody replied to my update.

I may actually put the layup sliders back down a bit.

Gg maretllis, even though it lagged out or something. It gave me the win so im not complaining :lol: . Still kinda weird though.

Did he quit or did he lag out? If he lagged out, I'll have to reset the game so you can rematch (can't do it until tomorrow though).

As it should be... Or else I'm going to have to do a lot of damage to the layup and dunk sliders, which will consequently make you miss open ones as well.

Shot selection >

Also, I gave you guys a chance to suggest changes before the league started, yet nobody replied to my update.

I may actually put the layup sliders back down a bit.

Did he quit or did he lag out? If he lagged out, I'll have to reset the game so you can rematch (can't do it until tomorrow though).

It lagged out bro I forgot to set my connection up correctly.

It lagged out bro I forgot to set my connection up correctly.

Okay well never mind Poe said hes gonna reset it tomorrow so wel just play another time.

guru are you down for a game?

And Poe, I wouldnt turn them down, because were already missing wide open layups. It happens to me all the time and sometimes its a huge momentum killer when you have a wide open layup that you earned but it just clanks the side of the rim. Im not complaining but im just asking you dont turn it down any further, otherwise it would lame.

Edited by kingfish

And Poe, I wouldnt turn them down, because were already missing wide open layups. It happens to me all the time and sometimes its a huge momentum killer when you have a wide open layup that you earned but it just clanks the side of the rim. Im not complaining but im just asking you dont turn it down any further, otherwise it would lame.

You shoot a very unusually high percentage in comparison to the rest of the league. You shoot 58%. Nobody else in the league shoots over 49%, and the average FG% has been around 44%.

I checked the shot chart to some of your recent games. Roughly 80-90% of your shots are taken directly under the basket. Your play-by-play mostly shows you are taking layup after layup after dunk after dunk, with the occasional 3 point attempt, and the very rare midrange attempt. My guess is that you aren't missing open layups. You are missing contested layups that you are used to see dropping in online matches in Superstar mode without adjusted sliders.

I'm not taking a hit on your style of play, but there is a reason you are shooting 58%. I wish for more of an all-around style of play to be more of a successful strategy, not just going into the paint.

Based on the percentages by not just you, but from everyone around the league, I'm going to decrease layups, dunks, and inside shots, and I'm going to increase midrange and 3 pointers.

Edited by Poe

BTW, I'm up for a custom match if anyone wants to play. I want to see how the shot adjustments work out. I didn't make any major changes. Just increase and decreased certain things by 2 or 3 points.

Edited by Poe