If you're SVG do you...

bigdog17k

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's not Van Gundy's choice to move Carter

I know, I just threw that option in there assuming Otis should shop Carter for something if SVG decides to go with Redick.

But like you guys said, start Carter and have Redick off the bench is probably the safest way to go.

Whether you start JJ or not, I think it would be best to move Carter.

For what though? I use to think it was a good idea, but he's still a vet, and would we really get anything useful for him at this point? He'll probably be gone next year anyway.

For what though? I use to think it was a good idea, but he's still a vet, and would we really get anything useful at this point? He'll probably be gone next year anyway.

Carter and a 1st for Francisco Garcia and Udrih+

Edited by SumtiNSpecial

Stop using Vince as a jumpshooter, his skills are falling off but he can still be a good player imo... anyways you start VC because he is still the superior player, but you get Redick more minutes this year, play him at the 1 at times too with VC in the lineup. He needs to get 30 minutes a game this year.

Eh...normally I would say start Carter and wouldn't think twice about it, but it depends on how he plays. With a player like VC confidence and ego is everything, and if you put him on the bench his confidence and ego goes down the tube. However, if he shoots sub-40% like he did the majority of last season, I think you have to start JJ. With the East getting better at the top, they won't have the luxory of waiting out on VC to explode and play like he did in Toronto and NJ. They will have to give the guy who is playing better basketball more minutes, and if JJ is out-performing Vince, he should start.

Either way, if I were the Magic I would really look into moving VC at the trade deadline. I believe he's an expiring contract, and if they can use him as a trading chip to get a Chris Paul or Carmelo Anthony, they should do everything in their power to make it happen.

It's not Van Gundy's choice to move Carter, so assuming he stays, start Carter and bring Redick off the bench.

Yeah start VC and have JJ off the bench.

guys really? lol Reddick isn't in the Magic anymore! he's with the Bulls now!

Anyways, I think they should still keep Carter on the starting line-up because he's a great all around player with a lot of experience.

Anyways, I think they should still keep Carter on the starting line-up because he's a great all around player with a lot of experience.

No he isn't... The Magic matched the offer sheet proposed by the Bulls. He's staying in Orlando.

Magic matched the offer... he's staying in Orlando now. :lol: