Rockets sign Brad Miller

Dash

Brad Miller and the Rockets have agreed upon a three-year, $15 million contract, according to sources.

The third season of the deal is partially guaranteed.

Atlanta, Boston, Miami and Cleveland are among the teams that have courted Miller since free agency began July 1, with Chicago also expressing interest in re-signing him.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68213/20100717/brad_miller_signs_with_rockets/#ixzz0ty60XPRl

15 million? We way overpaid.

Overpaid but if Yao doesn't stay healthy it'll be worth it. If Yao does stay healthy the Rockets will still be pretty deadly with their line up.

Brooks, Lowry, Martin, Ariza, Battier, Scola, Yao, Miller, Hayes, Buddinger, Patterson, Andersen?

Edited by Sun Tzu

He was great off the bench for the Bulls and I'm sure he'll be great for the Rockets. I thought about it 2 days ago when they just signed him and I was like: ''kind of useless! they have Hill, Scola and Yao'' but after, I think about it and I'm like ''Scola is just 6''9 and Brad Miller will be great off the bench and he's 7''0'' anyways, GREAT sign for the Rockets. they look strong with Petterson who's having a great summer league

He was great off the bench for the Bulls and I'm sure he'll be great for the Rockets. I thought about it 2 days ago when they just signed him and I was like: ''kind of useless! they have Hill, Scola and Yao'' but after, I think about it and I'm like ''Scola is just 6''9 and Brad Miller will be great off the bench and he's 7''0'' anyways, GREAT sign for the Rockets. they look strong with Petterson who's having a great summer league

No not exactly, Rockets had no real option at center, Yao's minutes will be limited this year, he'll prob play 28-32 minutes per game, Brad Miller will take the rest.

It's not a bad signing because the Rockets desperately needed depth in the frontcourt (Yao or no Yao), but $5M a year? Miller's a good player and his passing will be showcased in Adelman's system, but he's 33 years old and shot a career-worst 43% last season. He's also soft, and ideally Yao's backup Center should be a bruiser that can defend and rebound well. Miller doesn't fit that criterea too well.

It's not a bad signing because the Rockets desperately needed depth in the frontcourt (Yao or no Yao), but $5M a year? Miller's a good player and his passing will be showcased in Adelman's system, but he's 33 years old and shot a career-worst 43% last season. He's also soft, and ideally Yao's backup Center should be a bruiser that can defend and rebound well. Miller doesn't fit that criterea too well.

He isn't soft. He's known to be one of the dirtiest players in the league right now.