Hammer be disappoint

Guest N4S

Marcin Gortat was looking forward to playing for the Mavericks, according to his agent.

The Magic surprised, and disappointed, Gortat when they matched the five-year, $34 million offer sheet he signed with Dallas.

Agent Guy Zucker said the center "was definitely very disappointed" on Monday when Orlando matched the offer.

Gortat will remain Dwight Howard's backup with the Magic, while he was expected to see a spike in playing time with the Mavericks.

"It was definitely about the opportunity to find out how good he can really be," Zucker said. "We had requested that Orlando not match the offer. We stated the fact that he sincerely wanted the chance to carve his own path, be his own man, so to speak, which is not going to be realistically possible in Orlando."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60564/20090714/agent_gortat_disappointed_about_return_to_magic/

Edited by N4S

I'm glad that he's a guy who likes the game, rather than the money like iBoldin stated. And I'm glad he's on my team, I have alot of respect for players like this. I feel bad for him that he won't get the ability to start right now, but I'm sure he's got a decent NBA career ahead of him, thank you Gortat for staying, needed you bro.

I hope the Orlando Magic do really bad this year but Gortat stands out like a giant star crushing Howard's nose in practice.

Yes, Gortat would beat Howard in a fight, 100 percent.

Edited by NeTs15VC