Jordan Looks Down On LBJ

MainEv3nt

• Owner

That's the difference between a fierce, cold-blooded competitor and a guy that has already accepted defeat on an individual stage.

LeBron has been recruiting HARD ever since signing with the Heat...something he didn't do with Cleveland.

As a Cavalier, LeBron wanted to take a franchise to a championship by himself. He was on the same road traveled as Jordan. When he failed over and over again (one Finals appearance in seven years, and a sweep at that), he decided to turn the wheel and take a shortcut.

If you don't like reading it, that's fine...but that doesn't change the fact that it's exactly what he did, and champions will look down on him for it.

Because Bosh isn't a legit primary option on a championship team, no matter what he thought a month ago. He's an all-star, not a superstar.

True but Bosh still did the same thing. He gave up being a #1 on option on a team (a mediocre one sure) and formed a superstar trio. I dont see anything wrong with it, yes he did ruin his legacy but I dont think he cares.

• Owner

True but Bosh still did the same thing. He gave up being a #1 on option on a team (a mediocre one sure) and formed a superstar trio. I dont see anything wrong with it, yes he did ruin his legacy but I dont think he cares.

Not a superstar trio...two superstars and an all-star. :lol:

Toronto fans are irate about what Bosh did, but I think everyone else expected him to team up with LeBron OR Wade. At one point, he actually said he was waiting on LeBron to make a decision.

In fact, it was Bosh who made the first move, going to Miami.

Once that was taken care of, LeBron should've decided he was going to put that duo to sleep by teaming up with Amare, or Rose, or Griffin and Gordon, or going to Jersey and teaming up with Harris, Lopez and Favors. Becoming a basketball god in his own city.

Unfortunately, he went to Dwyane Wade's city, and because of that, it will always be his city. He will always be the longer-tenured player there, with more rings (assuming he doesn't get traded later, or injured for good), probably more loved than LeBron as well.

That is indeed a legacy-killer, and past champions look at that as a cowardly act. It's always fun to go to the park, team up with two of the best players on the court and just demolish a weak team...but at the end of the day, you want a real game, and you want to win that real game. You want to see those good players lose because you led a team without them.

Jordan and Kobe are those two players. There are others...but I can't say LeBron is one anymore, which is sad because he could've done it had he decided to recruit hard for the Cavaliers, or team up with Rose, Amare, or Griffin. Hell, he could've went to Washington to team with his friend, Wall, and made a stronger push for a ring...and he would've made the city his. Miller would've stayed, Hinrich would be there, Blatche would be a better forward, Josh Howard could've come back, Ilgauskas would follow, and I'm sure they would be looking indestructible today.

So many possibilities, but he chose the absolute easiest road other than going straight to the Lakers for the MLE.

Jordan's right. He would just team up with Scottie Pippen and one of the greatest rebounders in NBA history. :lol: .

What did you do without a solid big man, Michael? Oh, that's right, absolutely nothing because you're an over-rated, cocky, fool.

lol wat?

That's a good thread for good arguments.

In my opinion, I love the way Michael Jordan was so competitive and never wanted to lose, always competed through good and bad times no matter what core he has with him. But he's nobody to say that. I mean yeah he's the GOAT of the NBA but LeBron James has the rights to make his own decision and I'm sure LBJ did that for his good. He wants rings and knew he can't get it with the Cavaliers. That's why he decided to switch and go to South Beach

Who cares? LBJ isn't Jordan..he's LeBron James. He can make his own decisions.

I agree.

Not a LBJ fan by any means, I mean, I'm a Laker fan. But he's a grown man and he can make his own decisions. Hate on Lebron all you want, at the end of the day, he took a PAYCUT to pay in Miami alongside Wade and Bosh. I don't like the guy and I think he's an [expletive] and I want him to fail, but he was a free agent and had every right to make his own decision.

As for Lebron's legacy, maybe he isn't a Jordan or Kobe. Maybe he doesn't care about his legacy as much as we all thought he did, maybe all he wants to do is win championships, no matter what cost. You certainly can't fault him for that. Lebron isn't stupid, and even if he was, he has too many people around him. He knew that joining Miami and going to D Wade's team was going to hurt his legacy in the long run. I'm pretty sure his advisors, or even Nike brought this point up to him. Maybe at this point he just doesn't care about his legacy as much as he does winning, and once again, I fail to see how you can blame him for that. You can't blame a guy for wanting to win and taking a paycut to do so, and Miami gives him the best opportunity to win.

Edited by Artesticle

As some other people have said, who cares? Why should Jordan's comments have any bearing? Why should LeBron (and every other superstar swingman since 1998) be compared so heavily to Jordan?

LeBron is his own man, and a completely different player than anything this league has ever seen. He's probably the most individually accomplished 25 year old in NBA history. The only thing keeping him from the all-time greats discussion is championships, and even if people view them as tainted, it will still be an impressive feat if he could rack up a few in Miami. And in 3-4 years when Wade starts to decline and LeBron will be smack dab in his prime, then we can see if he can be the kind of player to lead his team to a championship as the undisputed #1 option.

• Like 1

Thing is MJ in his seventh season is pretty much when Larry and Magic were on the verge of retiring in early 1990s... obviously it's a factor why he wouldn't join them.

If Karl Malone had been a free agent in early 1990s, and if the Bulls had had the cap space to sign him, and he had wanted to come to the Bulls, MJ was gonna say, "NO go back to Utah cuz I wanna beat you"? Come... on...

Thing is MJ in his seventh season is pretty much when Larry and Magic were on the verge of retiring in early 1990s... obviously it's a factor why he wouldn't join them.

If Karl Malone had been a free agent in early 1990s, and if the Bulls had had the cap space to sign him, and he had wanted to come to the Bulls, MJ was gonna say, "NO go back to Utah cuz I wanna beat you"? Come... on...

Here's you taking things too literally and out of context again. It doesn't matter when they were going to retire. The point was he didn't want to play with other superstars.

• Like 2

^So you're saying if Malone had wanted to play with the Bulls MJ would have said no...?

Probably not, but he didn't go out hunting down people to play with him. The Bulls wouldn't have been able to afford Malone though

MJ signed an 8 year extension 2 years into the league. He never was a FA at this point in his career, and when he came back for the last 3-peat he was making over $30M per season on a team that won 55 games without him.

Totally different situations.

Cool story Michael, we get it you're the greatest.

Essentially by just signing with the Heat, Lebron told the whole world that he doesn't care about living up to you or Kobe's legacy. He just wants to win. Is that really so wrong?

Magic Johnson had James Worthy and Kareem Abdul Jabbar...Bird had guys like McHale and Parish. How come their legacies weren't tarnished like Lebron's supposedly is?

• Owner

Magic Johnson had James Worthy and Kareem Abdul Jabbar...Bird had guys like McHale and Parish. How come their legacies weren't tarnished like Lebron's supposedly is?

Because both Magic and Bird were drafted to those teams. They didn't go ring-chasing...they stayed where they were and led those teams to championships.

LA was a 47-win team before getting Magic. Boston was a 29-win team before Bird. Worthy, McHale and Parish weren't in the mix yet, either.

LeBron's situation doesn't even compare.