Cousins = Nene

Snake... yeah that was good videos and really nice dunks. Nene is really explosive when he drives to the basket and dunks the ball but I think Cousins looks better. He has a better post move and I think a better foot-work. But that's just my opinion.

Snake-

When did I say Nene can't average 20/10? Did I not say that Nene is an exceptional talent? That was not the purpose of my post. The purpose of my post is to shoot down two of your points, which are...

1) You can't say that Cousins will be too passive in the NBA just because he showed some of those tendencies in college and a few SL games. In college the game is played very differently. It is VERY perimeter oriented and there is very little post play. The big men that dominate the college games are ones that really aren't traditional post big men (like Beasley). Because post players are already at a disadvantage in the college game, and because Cousins played with a very ball-dominant guard in Wall, he simply did not have the chance to really showcase how effective he can be on the NBA level. On the Kings, who are a young team that don't have a go-to post presence, he WILL be the featured post player. If he shows he is very passive next season with that much responsibility, then I'd be concerned. But you can't make that declaration from what he's shown so far.

2) Cousins is a better, more complete post player than Nene. I am not saying he is more or less talented overall than Nene, but he is a much better option to throw it down to on the block and have him go to work. Notice how in all of your videos Nene is dunking off plays that were created for him by other teammates? He is not a guy that is great at catching the ball 7ft away with his back to the basket and making a play for HIMSELF. When I talk about great post players I'm talking Yao, Al Jefferson, Duncan, etc... Cousins' skillset is much closer to what they do than Nene, and that is the major difference between the two. Cousins has a wide assortment of post moves, has great footwork, great shooting touch on the fadeaway and little hook, and knows how to use his size/athleticism to get the shot around the rim he wants.

It's tough to make a statement about a player until you see him play an actual NBA game. I already made myself look bad by talking about Wall after just watching him play one quarter in a summer league game. I'll wait to show my own opinion about Cousins... when I actually see him play at the level we are comparing him to.

This.

But I already see the talent in Cousins, and it's way better than Nene's

After his last summer league performance, I really dont know what to think about him now.....still shows that his mood controls his game.

It's the Summer League. It's pretty much useless to compare how someone does in the Summer League to how they'll do in the NBA.