Warriors signs Jeremy Lin

The Golden State Warriors have signed undrafted free agent guard Jeremy Lin.

The team announced the deal with the former Harvard star and Bay Area native on Wednesday.

The 21-year-old Lin averaged 16.4 points, 4.5 assists and 4.4 rebounds per game as a senior at Harvard. The season was highlighted by a 30-point, nine-rebound performance against Connecticut.

Lin is from nearby Palo Alto. He led Palo Alto High School to a state championship in 2006.

Source

He will step right into the back-up PG spot after Watson's departure. I can't wait to see him on the court.

Edited by Drizzy

Great move for GS. He should be happy he gets to play for the team he grew up cheering for and his home town. I'm happy for Jeremy Lin, he is beginning to be one of my favourite players.

He gets to play as a second string point-guard as opposed to if he joins the Mavericks or Lakers he wouldn't be getting anywhere near as much minutes as he would with the Warriors. I mean, playing behind Curry won't give you a lot of minutes especially since Ellis does play the 1 occasionally. I hope Don Nelson gives Lin a decent amount of playing time.

Amazing news for the Golden Stats Warriors fan. I'd love to have a player like him on my team. He's young, fast but most importantly has a high IQ in basketball. Can't wait to see what this guy can do in the NBA

Edited by Sacha

His story is awesome too. No schools offered him a basketball scholarship, so he went to Harvard on an academic scholarship, and tried out for the basketball team, and ended up breaking all ivy league records.

Warriors is a good place for him to be, he just better hope he don't end up in Don Nelson's dog house. Linn for ROY.