The Town

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great movie, not a fan of Affleck the actor but Affleck the director is just beasting so far. I really enjoyed Gone Baby Gone Afflecks directorial debut, but this one is just on point.

It's so good that even Affleck is tolerable in the lead role, the story is really interesting and the action/crime scenes are pretty raw.

• 2 months later...

Great movie, not a fan of Affleck the actor but Affleck the director is just beasting so far. I really enjoyed Gone Baby Gone Afflecks directorial debut, but this one is just on point.

It's so good that even Affleck is tolerable in the lead role, the story is really interesting and the action/crime scenes are pretty raw.

Absolutely, Gone Baby Gone was a master piece in my eye, felt like it ran a little long but the depressing theme of the movie and the filter and way it was shot in matched. I felt this movie was kind of similar to the Gone Baby Gone theme in that it had the slum Massachusettes 'no way out, small city' feel to it, I felt like Affleck didn't show a lot of range in directing is what I guess I'm trying to say. Still loved the movie, Renner is becoming one of my favroite actors and watching Hamm in this makes me want to watch Mad Men, that scene he had in the interrogation room with Affleck was awesome. I've always like Affleck as an actor, a lot of people hate him but I've always had a thing for him. As for the movie it was good, don't see how it was a disappointment, I didn't have over overwhelmingly high expectations for it. Certainly not the best movie of the year, to consider it vs Inception is crazy, but it could challenge for a top 5 slot.

• Like 1