Bulls prepared to add McGrady

This could be a great signing for them as he could be a great spark off the bench, or this could just be a total waste of cap space.

The Bulls have had a tremendous off season regardless. Last year they lacked scoring and knock down shooters, so they went out and got Korver, Brewer, and Tmac. They also lacked an inside presence, so they went out and got Boozer and Thomas.

Love what the front office is doing in Chitown.

This could be a great signing for them as he could be a great spark off the bench, or this could just be a total waste of cap space.

The Bulls have had a tremendous off season regardless. Last year they lacked scoring and knock down shooters, so they went out and got Korver, Brewer, and Tmac. They also lacked an inside presence, so they went out and got Boozer and Thomas.

Love what the front office is doing in Chitown.

same it was a good off season, front office did the best that they could do this off season, unfortunately it will only get us to the second round in the playoffs lol ;-|

I'm going to repeat it again: Bulls are having an amazing off season despite LeBron not coming to the Bulls. If the Bulls get to sign Tmac (which I think they will), that will make them an even better team. Tracy McGrady is a really good shooter. The only problem is that he has to stay healthy. If he stays healthy, him and the Bulls will be alright.

Honestly I think it'd be a great move for both parties. Some people think that T-Mac is completely done and will only be a cancer in the locker room, but to me it's a low risk/high reward move. He's going to sign for cheap, and worst case scenario is if he hurts the team they just buy him out. However last season he showed some signs of still being a very good player in this league (if you essentially play your first game with more than 10+ minutes in a year and a half after microfracture and put up 26pts, you have something left in the tank). I think with another summer of rehab to get in shape and to shake off the rust, he'll be noticably better next season. People are expecting him to be a spark off the bench with his scoring, but to me his greatest asset is his passing/playmaking. He can take a LOT of pressure off Rose to setup the offense and make plays for his teammates, something the Bulls really don't have at the wing positions. If he is healthier next season, he'll have some of his elevation back. That elevation will not only help his drives to the rim, but also his jumper because he is a line-drive shooter who needs that extra few inches of jumping ability.

Really hope the Bulls sign him and he can be an impact player on a 2nd or 3rd round team.

Looks like I'll have to pay attention to some more Bulls games now. Tracy McGrady off the bench could be dangerous. :glasses:

Same for me, great offseason for the Bulls so far

Pat Riley, Gar Forman and Mitch Kupchak for Executive of the Year this season

Edited by fedefox

Yeah, bulls are going to look good, adding Mcgrady makes them much better, Bulls are improving a lot, I think he can really help the team coming off the bench or maybe even starting. I'm glad that Mcgrady would possibly end up on a great team. I can see my fav player finally get a ring maybe.

Edited by Hayes1

Supposedly the workout didn't go so great according to some Chicago beat writers like Sam Smith. He shot well but didn't move with fluidity and his conditioning wasn't the best. Most don't expect the Bulls to offer him a contract, and if they do it might be an unguaranteed worth about $1.4M.

i think he would be a great fit for the bulls if his EGO doesnt get in the way which it sounds like it wont. IF he gets conditioned and has a good season and tht IS a VERY big IF the bulls will have a good bench as well as a great front lineup.

T-Mac to Chicago probably won't happen we seem disinterested...hearing and reading many articles about T-Mac I seem to not want him here.....At first was rooting for him to come here, but Im actually thrilled that he will not...And as Sam Smith reported the to 3 guys now to target would be Rudy Fernandez who is the #1 and then Bogans and Mason JR. Rudy has been put on the trade market this morning so the Bulls should go after him hard.

^ I thought Mason Jr. resigned with the Spurs. Anyway, I like the idea of Rudy Fernandez in Chicago. We don't particularly need him to contribute 15 points per game but he is certainly capable of doing so.

Bulls Haven't Ruled Out McGrady

As of Friday morning, the Bulls had not completely ruled out signing veteran free agent Tracy McGrady.

When Eddie House signed with the Heat, the Bulls lost one of their free agent options. Chicago continues to look at Keith Bogans and Roger Mason Jr.

Even though the Bulls haven't ruled out signing McGrady, a source close to the situation maintains that doing so remains "unlikely."

LINK

I really hope he signs with the Bulls even though it is considered "unlikely".