Has Tracy McGrady seen the light?

reno

Sources say despite reports to the contrary now Miami tried repeatedly to get McGrady to sign and Pat Riley was calling McGrady daily.

McGrady not only said he didn’t want to go to Miami, but said he believed the Bulls could defeat the Heat and he’d rather be on the team that beats them.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/chicago-bulls-forum/3140-smith-has-tracy-mcgrady-seen-light.html

Rose/McGrady/Deng/Boozer/Noah

If Tracy stays healthy that's a pretty fierce lineup.

It's better to keep him off the bench to prevent him from getting injured. Tmac gets injured pretty fast and that's not what the Bulls need.

Uh... no. T-Mac would most definitely start over Ronnie Brewer...

I know he has more skills and is better then him. But if I was the coach, I would play Tmac off the bench so they preserve him from getting injured. You understand what I mean?

I know he has more skills and is better then him. But if I was the coach, I would play Tmac off the bench so they preserve him from getting injured. You understand what I mean?

If they wanted to take a Manu Ginobili approach to preserve his body then possibly, but I don't see them doing that.

If McGrady signs with Bulls and start for them do you see him being like the comeback player of the year?

This is what I am wondering, he obviously has lost a step, injuries and 13 seasons will do that to you, but he still has a good handle and playmaking abilities. His jumper will continue to be streaky, but if he can be an 18-4-4 player for them, which might still be a longshot, then he has to get the award, it is almost Grant Hill esque if he can come back and be a good player again.

Uh... no. T-Mac would most definitely start over Ronnie Brewer...

I doubt it. I think Thibs wants to keep the team's defensive identity, and unless T-Mac all of a sudden turns back to at least 2007-2008 form, I doubt he'd take the starting job. Also, they desperately need a playmaker to run the offense when the bench comes in. By having him come off the bench it's also easier to limit minutes and not have the chemistry destroyed when he inevitably misses some stretch of games.

But as I said in the other T-Mac thread, as long as he's in better shape than he was last season, he should be a positive addition with high upside and low risk.

Honestly, I would bring him from the bench. He's a vet right now, and a vet you don't find easily. Coaches have to preserve vets and find them their best chance to help the team. I wouldn't have T-Mac playing D all game long against the East guards, he'll get tired and will end up not participating on offense, that right now, it's ALL he can offer. If you bring him off the bench and have him play like, 5, 6 mins a quarter, and preserve his stamina for the 4th, he'll give a great hand, a hand that you can't find easily around NBA, a vet with the skills of a HOF, if handled right by his coach.

T-Mac right now has 2 roads in his comeback: 1-being an average, below average starter and 2-being the best Sixth Man of the NBA. Between those, I choose the 2nd road.