Al Jefferson On Trade: It's Like Going From Toyota To Bentley

After winning just 15 games in Minnesota last season, Al Jefferson is excited about his recent trade to Utah.

"They have a nice group of guys, but will have a couple more losing seasons," Jefferson said of the Timberwolves.

"Minneapolis is my home away from home. I respect the fans that have supported me through the good and the bad ... but when I told people I played for Minnesota, some people didn't even know they had a team. Everybody knows about Utah. Everyone knows the Utah Jazz.

"I go from being in a Toyota to a Bentley. It's a beautiful thing."

The Jazz acquired Jefferson from the Timberwolves for two first-round picks and young center Kostas Koufos.

Utah needed to make a move after losing Carlos Boozer to Chicago in free agency.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68369/20100726/al_jefferson_on_trade_its_like_going_from_toyota_to_bentley/

Toyota getting some bad publicity for free, T-Wolves too. Why being so disrespectful with your former team and teammates, I don't get that, that is a disrespect even to the guy who handed you the towel every game.

Does Jefferson not realize that Toyotas are good cars? And that in Utah's purist, no pizzaz offense, the team is much more analogical to a Toyota than a Bentley?

What he MEANT to say was that the trade is like going from a shopping cart to a Toyota.

The Bentley is in LA, and the personal jet is in Miami. I guess Boston is a nuclear submarine? Can anyone help me out here?

• Like 1