Lebron, Wade, Bosh vs. Amare, Carmelo, Paul

Force

It's one season, career wise Amar'e is still better, either way they both suck at rebounding so it pointless to use it in a debate.

I never said Bosh couldn't do to those things, I was comparing Melo/Paul/Mar'e to Bron/Wade

Why else would you say this than to suggest Amare is better? Even if that isn't what you intended, saying Bosh sucks at rebounding is also somewhat comical.

Bosh guarding Centers over half his career, getting muscled and destroyed down low, has definitely hurt his perception among people who don't watch him much, such as yourself, and what they think of his defensive capabilities. He is not a defensive anchor, but you don't expect a power forward to be a defensive anchor. He is a solid man defender and will get the occasional block, not much else you can ask for unless you want him to be KG.

Edited by travesy3

if this game came down to three pointers, the only player on either team id trust is Melo, so they get that advantage

You got it twisted. LeBron is actually a better 3pt shooter than Melo, and last season took nearly 2 more attempts per game. The difference between Melo and Wade from beyond the arc is smaller than the difference between LeBron and Melo. However, between all 6 players, Paul is by far the best 3pt shooter of the bunch.

i think boshs rebounding potential is being inflated a little bit

yes i realize he put up 10+ rebounding numbers last year, but keep in mind that this is for the Raptors

someone has to get defensive rebounds, and its not gonna be Hedo or Bargs

I wouldnt credit Bosh as being a great rebounder, so please stop saying he is

he doesnt go hard after rebounds, and would much rather continue scoring from outside rather than go deep in the post where he could possibly grab 3-4 offensive rebounds per game, but doesnt because he doesnt like contact.

as for the actual debate, id rather have the NY squad because they would actually jell much better, and there is zero question about the roles of each superstar.

we dont even know if LeBron will be playing a point forward, or off ball small forward. with Paul, Amare, Melo, you know exactly who will do what

I really consider Amare and Bosh a wash, theyd offer roughly the same productivity.

if this game came down to three pointers, the only player on either team id trust is Melo, so they get that advantage

MIA has 2 of the best players in the league, so they have that

still would take NY

No one is really suggesting Bosh is a great rebounder, there are few great rebounders in the NBA, that title is reserved for guys like Dwight, Chandler (when healthy a couple years ago at least), Camby etc. But Bosh is definitely in the tier below that, how does playing with Bargnani mean anything? Bosh doesn't go hard for rebounds? He tears boards down, someone has to when guys like Bargs doesn't leave his feet for a rebound.

Bosh is one of the few players the past 4 seasons to average 10+ boards a night, that definitely makes him a very good rebounder despite who he plays with, seeing as that is a horrible excuse. Using that logic we automatically shave a couple boards off of D12 too right?

Anytime you have two of the top 5 or top 3 player in the NBA on the same team, I don't care how selfish they are, things will work out. Then add in a guy like Bosh who has been overlooked, it can be deadly. Amare is all offense, Melo is all offense, and CP3 is really the most complete player there.

I don't know who would win since that NY team would never happen, but I can't see a team with Lebron and Wade being outmatched by an all offensive team. Cause with Diantoni coaching, you know there can't be defense.

Why else would you say this than to suggest Amare is better? Even if that isn't what you intended, saying Bosh sucks at rebounding is also somewhat comical.

smh, taking quotes of context, I was replying to the fact of amar'es rebounding numbers, which are better career wise.

smh, taking quotes of context, I was replying to the fact of amar'es rebounding numbers, which are better career wise.

Who cares? In the last 2 seasons Bosh has substantially beat Amare in RPG, RPG per 36min, and TRB % (and Bosh actually has a better TRB % for his career than Amare).

Who cares? In the last 2 seasons Bosh has substantially beat Amare in RPG, RPG per 36min, and TRB % (and Bosh actually has a better TRB % for his career than Amare).

Calm down Nitro lol, it's not that serious, all I was saying is that Amar'e has better career numbers than Bosh, period.

• Owner

So many stats.

Just look at the big picture: defense and scoring. Miami's three dropkicks New York's in both. Amare is the worst defender of the six players we're discussing, and Carmelo is as bad as Bosh. James and Wade are both better defenders than Paul.

The Heat trio would also rip apart the Knicks trio on the glass.

Scoring? There's nobody on the Knicks that can stop LeBron or Wade from putting up 40.

I can't stand the Heat and I hope they lose 82 games, but I can't say they will, and I can't say the Knicks' potential "big three" will be better.

I think I'd rather have the Amar'e, Melo and Paul trio. It'll be balanced because you have an elite point-guard, elite small forward and elite power forward/center as opposed to the Miami trio which has SG/SF/PF. With Amar'e/Paul/Melo each player might have a different role for the team.

I don't know who would win since that NY team would never happen, but I can't see a team with Lebron and Wade being outmatched by an all offensive team. Cause with Diantoni coaching, you know there can't be defense.

why wouldnt it happen? it has a pretty decent chance of happening actually

Calm down Nitro lol, it's not that serious, all I was saying is that Amar'e has better career numbers than Bosh, period.

that might be all ur saying but ur wrong. your completely Wrong lol

Edited by Abro

How is that wrong? :huh:

per 36 minute averages Bosh 9.1 Amar'e 9.4

You can say I'm wrong all you want but it's true.

uhm.. okay im looking at the career stats and bosh has averaged more rebounds in 5 out of the 7 seasons tht they have both been in the league. just saying tht if u predict it tht way it might be tht but im looking at the career stats of what they've actually done not what they COULD POSSIBLY DO. Especially in the last 4 seasons bosh has been been the better rebounder. its my opinion and your's is your's i dont think you'll ever agree wth anyone that will try to tell you anything different.

Edited by Abro

I am going with New York because of CP3. He doesn't require the ball too much and his passing makes other players a lot better. Just a simple pick and roll with Amare and two points would quickly follow.