Fernandez Drawing Interest From Bulls, Celtics, Knicks

The Bulls, Celtics and Knicks have engaged in trade talks with the Blazers regarding swingman Rudy Fernandez, according to a report.

The Oregonian first reported the interested parties, citing Fernandez's agent, Andy Miller.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68402/20100728/fernandez_drawing_interest_from_bulls_celtics_knicks/

Rudy can help out any team on the offensive end of the floor. i could see him going to maybe the celtics for like a nate robinson type player or something of worth tht the blazers can get back. he will help any team IMO

Edited by Abro

Rudy can help out any team on the offensive side of the floor. i could see him going to maybe the celtics for like a nate robinson type player or something of worth tht the blazers can get back. he will help any team IMO

If we could get Nate I'd be stoked, then move Bayless to the 2 off the bench.

Knicks set sights on Blazers guard

-----------------

"Rudy Fernandez, the Spanish shooting guard who wants out of Portland and has been on the Knicks' radar for months, is back in their sights again.

With nearly $3 million in salary-cap space remaining and lacking depth at the position, they are again pursuing a deal for a player, 25, who averaged 8.1 points on 37.8 percent shooting in 23.2 minutes per game last season.

Yet, even though their cap room enables them to fit someone due to make $1.25 million next season (with a $2.2 million team option the next year the Knicks could decline to preserve 2011 cap space), there's one potential problem.

Portland wants a first-round pick (and possibly nothing else) in any Fernandez deal. The Knicks can't give the Blazers any No. 1 earlier than 2014's, something two other teams reportedly after Fernandez can (Boston, Chicago).

---

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/basketball/knicks/99526324_Knicks_set_sights_on_Blazers_guard.html

Boom. I think he goes to Chicago. I however think they need to do a sign and trade .. imagine the Blazers with Ronnie! .. that would work well for both teams as the Blazers continue to grow as a defensive team and the Bulls continue to grow as a offensive team.

Rudy is among the best shooters in the league and is very athletic. His defense is a problem, but he could be a great sixth man in a fast-paced team that doesn't insist much on defense. I wonder if Marc could somehow convince the Grizzlies' front office to bring his friend in because I think he could really help out this team's three point shooting problem.

• 3 weeks later...

According to the ESPN article about Rudy getting fined, Celts and the Bulls have offered their 2011 1st round pick while the Knicks have offered Wilson Chandler. Obviously these offers have probably been withdrew considering the current situation, but just thought this is worthy of note and Rich Cho might regret not pulling the trigger on getting a solid swingman/1st round pick.

the celtics are throwing a first round pick out there trying to get Rudy, Danny wouldnt trade Nate after just resigning him for 2 years..

EDIT: Oh and i see him going to New York anyways not Boston.

Edited by Young Money

Rudy Fernandez is a great player to have off the bench because he could light up from wherever he wants when he's on the court. All the teams should be interested into him if they want a stronger bench. Anyways, I think it would be amazing for the Celtics to have him. Nate Robinson and Fernandez off the bench makes them way stronger for the back court. If he plays for the Bulls he could even start instead of Korver. I don't think the Knicks will pick him even though they're interested into him because right now they're dealing with Carmelo Anthony trying to find something to land him in New York

Edited by #1hustler

• 2 weeks later...

I think Fernandez should go to the Celtics, he would really help them coming off the bench and take some of the pressure off Rondo and Ray Allen, playing with guys like Ray Allen and plus with the fact that he can be like a spark plug for a team he would be valuable.