Eyenga Exceeding Expectations

Brian Windhorst's twitter (Cleveland Plain Dealer Cavs Reporter)

-Got to be honest, Christian Eyenga very impressive today. Cavs looking at free agent forward Rob Kurz. I'll be on WTAM around 11 pm 2 talk.

-And I saw Mo's tweet. I'm told Cavs are not talking about Boozer. But I'll say it again, liked Eyenga tonight. TK also played quite well

Eyenga had 17 pts today off the bench vs. Washington. He's averaging a little over 9 points and is shooting 48 percent from the field. This guy can really make the team if he keeps this up.

Well, there's Tarence Kinsey and Danny Green also going for the Forward spot. Eyenga was expected to play out of country so this is a pleasant surprise.

And apparently the Cavs are going after Rob Kurz harder than they are for Matt Barnes, so there's another guy who'll compete for the roster.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

A lot of people expected him to be another Kinsey, an athletic, decent D player that was raw, but I'm surprised too. I'd say let him play overseas, but know that next year he will be ready for sure, rather than guessing.

He won't be here this year, his offensive game is still raw and needs work, but there is no doubt he will be a very good defensive player when he comes over. If he can develop a nice offensive game he could really be something. Also I watched a couple summer games and have seen some clips of him playing overseas and it seems like he has good court vision, he's unselfish and can pass the ball pretty good.