Raptors Looking At Earl Watson

4. Earl Watson, Pacers

Potential destinations: Raptors, Heat

Watson was solid for the Pacers last season and is generating interest around the league.

It is an ESPN Insider article ( NBA free agency: Who's left in 2010 free-agent class? - ESPN ) so I'm not going to post anything more, but if this is true, I'm all for it under the condition that Calderon is moved so that he would actually be able to get some playing time.

If the Raptors are able to trade Calderon and sign Watson, it basically hands the keys of the team over to Jack and he will become the undisputed point guard of this team for the upcoming season, which is what I want to see happen. Watson would be a very good veteran to add to this team especially considering how they are lacking in veterans to begin with. He would be a solid backup point guard for the Raptors.

If the Raptors trade Calderon and Banks and bring in Watson and Brown, I would be pretty content with how Colangelo went about addressing the Raptors point guard situation, which was one of his main goals for this offseason.

With all of this said, I find it hard to believe that he would go to the Raptors over the Heat considering the most he can be offered by both teams would be the minimum.