Favorite All-Star Game?

Cobb

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Pro-Bowl is horrific and should be turned into a skills competition between the top players at each position.

The MLB All Star game can be fun to watch but the whole "This One Counts" thing needs to go.

NBA has the best ASG by far. Not only is the game the most entertaining of all but every event that weekend is great.

I would actually say MLB no contest, but I think they are all pretty dumb. The only reason I say the MLB all star game is because to me, that is the only one actually tolerable to watch.

MLB. Why do people NOT like the it counts thing? I LOVE it, the game actually matters and the players actually try. Watching guys dunk and stuff is fun, but I get enough of that in the dunk contest. I want to see the all stars playing like all stars, last nights all star game was excellent you had great defensive plays and great at bats.

MLB. Why do people NOT like the it counts thing? I LOVE it, the game actually matters and the players actually try. Watching guys dunk and stuff is fun, but I get enough of that in the dunk contest. I want to see the all stars playing like all stars, last nights all star game was excellent you had great defensive plays and great at bats.

Don't like it because 95% of the players participating will have nothing to do with the actual World Series. Why let them influence who gets home field? It is not fair if a team is 10 games better than it's opponent but does not get home field in the World Series because some exhibition determined it. Sure it adds a bit more drama to the all star game, but I'd rather see the World Series play out fairly seeing as that, and not the all star game, is the pinnacle of the sport. Luckily for Selig there has not been a World Series game 7 since the "this time it counts" BS was initiated, but if and when there is one, it could get ugly.

Don't like it because 95% of the players participating will have nothing to do with the actual World Series. Why let them influence who gets home field? It is not fair if a team is 10 games better than it's opponent but does not get home field in the World Series because some exhibition determined it. Sure it adds a bit more drama to the all star game, but I'd rather see the World Series play out fairly seeing as that, and not the all star game, is the pinnacle of the sport. Luckily for Selig there has not been a World Series game 7 since the "this time it counts" BS was initiated, but if and when there is one, it could get ugly.

You never know what team will make the WS though, so its unfair to say that 95 % will not participate in it, even though its technically true. I think people make too big a deal out of it. The team with the better record doesnt neccesarily deserve home field, they play in 2 different leagues and dont have the same opponents. The only way you find out which league is better is the all star game, and let the best players decide what league is tougher to play in, and clearly its the AL. Not to mention the interleague record the AL has. Would you be satisfied if the league with a better interleague record gets home field? Thats the only other option. I love the rule, it makes the all star game so much more fun and exciting, and it actually makes sense. It would be a shame if the Dodgers made the world series and got home field cause of their record, they play in an awful division and the NL is pretty bad in general and has a lot of bad teams.

The only player that isn't in contention for an obvious WS berth was Zimmerman, but the rest think they have a decent shot.

I guess it's just me but for some reason I love watching the NHL All-Star game even though I'm not that big of a soccer fan. I especially like the Skills Competition. As for the NBA and MLB All-Star games I prefer the MLB since it actually counts for something and everything is trying 100%.

The only player that isn't in contention for an obvious WS berth was Zimmerman, but the rest think they have a decent shot.

Not relevant.

There will be two teams playing in the World Series. Chances are those two teams had a combined 3-6 players participate last night. It should be up to the records and merits of the participating teams to determine home field. I just don't think it is right to compromise the integrity of the crown jewel of the sport by leaving such a crucial aspect up to an exhibition, and better yet, an exhibition that primarily involves players who will have nothing to do with the actual World Series. As I said, luckily for Selig and his cronies there has not been a game 7 in a World Series since he instituted this, so there have been no issues yet. But if it comes to, say, a team that snuck into the playoffs with 85 wins matching up with a 105 win team in a game 7, and the team with 85 wins gets home field because of a fluke exhibition, what does it say for all the work the 105 win team did during the season?

I'm not a big fan of the MLB All-Star game determining which league gets "Home-Filed Advantage" during the playoffs even though the Boston Red Sox are an AL team.

Also, to say that the All-Star game will show you which league is better is absurd because it's one game, and any team can win one game.

Not to mention, if this was the World Series, I'm pretty sure that Dustin Pedroia and Evan Longoria would be playing through their injuries, and teams wouldn't be asking the All-Star team managers to not pitch the pitchers on their own team.

• 1 month later...

the mlb is ridiculous because it means that the winner gets home court in the world series which i think is the stupidest thing.

but either way i like the nba because guys dont care and make amazing plays.

and the nfl is hella boring and i couldnt even find it on tv its so bad.