Kobe V's.

When I went to FootLocker the other day, I purchased the Nike Zoom Kobe V's. I try it on and it was tight and it hurts a little bit, but then I believe that if I wore these shoes I could be able to break into them. My feet is wide, I think that is the problem because the guy told you you gotta have a shoe that has space around the whole foot just not the front I was of course like B.S. and thought I these shoes are suppose to be locked down basketball shoes, not a lot space and slip and sliding. I looked a couple of videos on the performance on most say it was actually a pretty good shoes to play basketball in.

I mean, if you have the Kobe V's please tell me what are some of the problems you had at first when you got the shoes. I'll be interested in reading them, I don't wanna go playing basketball in these and maybe returning these because I wasn't expecting some problems. Also, it doesn't have to be just Kobe V's. It can be any other basketball shoes.

I want some tips and what to expect on these shoes, thanks if you could help me out because now I'm having to put ice-packs on my feet.

The Kobe V's are sick. When you break in to them by playing one game it will be fine I got the same feet problem as you. If your looking for cheap and good Nike's buy yours here at Finish Line they got low hyper dunks for 50$ better hurry up cause I heard today is the last day to get them

LINK

I have some as well. They are tight on my feet, and they probably always will be because I have been wearing them since January. I only used them to play once and they were pretty good. I am a size 13.5 and the shoes are like 14 and they are still tight. I guess thats how they are supposed to be.

• Owner

The support is actually in the shoe, not wrapping the ankle...so that's how they are created. That's why Bryant and Nike decided to go with the lows, despite the popular belief that traditional highs are best for the ankle.

I have his playoff versions, and they are damn nice. I also have an ankle problem, rolling my ankles quite a bit, but I haven't had a single accident with these shoes.

• Owner

:sick: low tops, I'd wear them for casual or when I go golfing, never when balling though.

I was actually pretty nervous about it...didn't really do much running when I first bought them, just spot-up shooting because I thought my ankles would roll and/or snap in them.

Now I'm comfortable with them on, attacking the rim and what not. Mean shoes, for sure...probably the only lows I'll ever wear playing ball.

• Owner

I mean, Real how did you break into your shoe and not feel and try to ignore the problems in the shoe at all? The tightness, the bottom of your feet hurting. Every time I take these shoes off it hurts like hell or even when I'm wearing the shoes.

Wear thinner socks, and adjust the laces to make your shoe a bit wider where you need it to be. The bottom of my feet never hurt from them...just wore them for three hours of ball tonight, felt pretty good.

Wear thinner socks, and adjust the laces to make your shoe a bit wider where you need it to be. The bottom of my feet never hurt from them...just wore them for three hours of ball tonight, felt pretty good.

I'm guessing wear Nike socks? My feet are wide though, so I believe socks don't do anything. I'll try the shoes laces suggestion though, also do you tie your shoes or do you put them under?

Edited by Young&Reckless

• Owner

I'm guessing wear Nike socks? My feet are wide though, so I believe socks don't do anything. I'll try the shoes laces suggestion though, also do you tie your shoes or do you put them under?

I tie them.

I'll take a picture of the socks I wear with my Kobe's, and a pic of the Kobe's (just for fun, haha).

I tie them.

I'll take a picture of the socks I wear with my Kobe's, and a pic of the Kobe's (just for fun, haha).

Well, when I tie it looks huge and hangs off a bit. I try looking at tons of performance video but I believe I need to go in deeper and see what the real experience when first wearing these shoes and how it will change your game performance of basketball.

• Owner

Very thin socks...can't remember what kind they are, but I bought them from Footlocker. They have a "G" just above the toes, top part of the sock.

http://i26.tinypic.com/qyzsr5.jpg

And the shoes...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs052.ash2/35979_413805166652_502396652_5177871_700539_n.jpg

Real, I have decided to bar lace my shoes. Once I did that, I put it on and it feels great and so damn comfortable but when I move that heal is the problem. I think that once I go on the court, I could possibly break my feet or so because it isn't tight enough. It has a little space, does the shoe lock-down even though your feet and the shoe has a bit of space in it?

• Owner

Real, I have decided to bar lace my shoes. Once I did that, I put it on and it feels great and so damn comfortable but when I move that heal is the problem. I think that once I go on the court, I could possibly break my feet or so because it isn't tight enough. It has a little space, does the shoe lock-down even though your feet and the shoe has a bit of space in it?

Well, there may be a bit of room in the bottom of the heel...but if you look at the shoe itself, it actually curves up so your heel doesn't slip out of it. A lot of shoes do that, of course, but the Kobe's are REALLY curved, and the top part is firm.

• Owner

Do you think that I should bar lace my shoes or should I crisscross but make the laces a bit wider and when I put them on just tie them up?

Doesn't really matter, whatever feels more comfortable to you. It really won't affect the shoe's stability THAT much.

I'd tie them, though.

• Owner

Well, lets just say this. How did your performance change with your other basketball shoes compared to the Kobe V's?

Not that much of a difference, really. I feel lighter on my feet, though. You can tell that much, at least.

I'm picky about what shoes I wear out on the court, though...mainly just Nike. The most comfortable shoe I've ever worn was the Adidas Kobe II's...but once you break into the Kobe V's, they are pretty nice.

I feel a bit worried about going inside to the basketball and then falling and having to break my ankles or feet.

I also find these a bit interesting.....

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs103.ash2/38469_136217116413459_100000755142664_158885_1400903_n.jpg

Edited by Young&Reckless

You guys spend way too much money on shoes haha I bet you have like 10 different bball shoes. I have like one pair from WalMart from 3 years ago and it's perfectly fine to play ball in once or twice a week. I wear flip flops 95% of the time. Are there any good, CHEAP basketball shoes you recommend me getting? I wouldn't mind having a new pair.

You guys spend way too much money on shoes haha I bet you have like 10 different bball shoes. I have like one pair from WalMart from 3 years ago and it's perfectly fine to play ball in once or twice a week. I wear flip flops 95% of the time. Are there any good, CHEAP basketball shoes you recommend me getting? I wouldn't mind having a new pair.

I bought like all the Wade converse shoes, and my favorite pair was the all black ones he released, they were so comfortable. I grew out of them though and they no longer sell them. I really only wear my Nike Free 7.0, and the Kobe's. If I am going out just to walk around or chill with friends I wear some crocs lol. I also have some nice Nike Dunks but I only wear them with jeans cause they have some really weird colors on them.

• 1 month later...

Besides the Kobe's and the Hyperdunks, is Nike planning on coming out with anything new in terms of Basketball shoes in the upcoming months? Has anyone read or heard anything?

I need to get new shoes for ball this year, and my Hyperdunks don't fit me that well anymore. So I'm looking to buy something. On Eastbay they're pimping Hyperfuse but I don't know if that's a new line or what.