Antawn Jamison or David West

JWaLL

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Obviously David West is younger and will most likely improve as the years progress, but I'm talking about right now. Who do you think is better between these 2 very similar players?

They put up similar numbers, both have very similar games, but the question is, who do you think is better? David West is a little more athletic than Jamison, but Jamison has a better shot. They're pretty close with rebounding ability, AJ might have the slight edge.

I'd honestly (no bias) have to take Jamison just because he is a better rebounder on the offensive end, he has that unorthodox but virtually unstoppable scoop shot in the low post, and can stretch the D out to the 3 point line.

David West because he plays defense, and other things.

Jamison plays ok defense, he just doesn't block many shots. But he can get a couple steals here and there, and is good at altering shots. He is just below average at actually swatting the ball back.

Ha basic toss up Jamison is a bit better scorer but West plays better D, both are pretty injury prone. I'd take Jamison just because of his elite scoring ability.

Edited by Fish7718

Jamison. I doubt West would be this good without Chris Paul. IMO, he is the most spoon fed player in the league.

If your playing alongside Chris Paul he is going to set you up all game, but I think Jamison is better than West right now.

Jamison is a power forward my friend. :)

Gilbert

Deshawn

Caron

Antawn

Haywood

That was the Wizards' main lineup.

I think he's saying that Antawn is out of position because the Wizards are small. In Dallas, he was a small forward.

I'll go with David West because he's better defensively. However, in his prime, Jamison was adept at running the floor, and that would give him the edge. West is superior today only because Jamison has regressed.

Jamison is a power forward my friend. :)

Gilbert

Deshawn

Caron

Antawn

Haywood

That was the Wizards' main lineup.

If Caron played PF would that make him a PF? Jamison is out of position, I am saying you are comparing a PF to a SF. If you are comparing them as PF's West is better by a mile, if you are comparing individual players Jamison is better.

Jamison. I doubt West would be this good without Chris Paul. IMO, he is the most spoon fed player in the league.

Very common misconception.

West gets almost half his offense from isos, has a solid inside-outside game, can face up from anywhere on the floor, and he's very adept from mid-range. It's definitely a luxury to play with Chris Paul, but he's certainly not reliant on him to produce his offense. Not so much as Tyson Chandler at least, who I think you may have him confused with.

There are some advanced metrics to validate that:

http://www.82games.com/0809/08NOH11.HTM

http://www.82games.com/0809/08WAS11.HTM

Jamison is assisted on more of his shots than West is.

The amount of votes for Jamison has baffled me. Why? How?