Smush Parker Hoping For Return To NBA

The Regime

Smush Parker has spent the last two seasons playing for the Guandong Southern Tigers Hongyuan of the Chinese Basketball Association, but he's looking to get back into the NBA.

Parker won two championships in the CBA, but playing overseas has been a big adjustment.

"I'm used to being away from home, but it was an adjustment because I wasn't able to talk to anybody," he said. "At the same time I had a job to do."

He wouldn't mind playing overseas again, but really wants to return to basketball's highest level.

"It's about playing at the top level of basketball that there is," Parker said. "I feel like I can play at that level and I've proven myself. It's just about trying to get back."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68572/20100807/smush_parker_hoping_for_return_to_nba/

Why would anyone sign him? He wasn't anything special in the NBA and it's not like his stats in China are that good (19 PPG, 6RPG, 6 APG)

:huh:

That's actually pretty good considering it's Smush Parker.