Better rookie season?

Big Penny

Who had a better rookie season?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://www.nba.com/media/act_tyreke_evans.jpg

20.1 PPG - 5.3 RPG - 5.8 APG - 1.5 SPG - 0.4 BPG - 3.0 TPG - .458 FG% - .255 3FG% - .748 FT%

or

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/act_lebron_james.jpg

20.9 PPG - 5.5 RPG - 5.9 APG - 1.6 SPG - 0.7 BPG - 3.5 TPG - .417 FG% - .290 3FG% - .754 FT%

Evans certainly had the better season statistically. Not only did he have a better FG % but he also managed to keep his TO's to just 3.0 per game (compared to LeBron's career high 3.5 his rookie season). However, I do think I'd give James the nod simply because I think he made a bigger impact. He was one of the very few big-time rookies whose team was actually BETTER statistically with him on the court (for Rose, Evans, Beasley and many others this is not the case). LeBron helped the Cavs win 18 more games than the previous season, and that was with their previous best player (Slick Ricky) traded halfway through the season. He kept them in the playoff hunt until the very end. Evans' impact was smaller, and his team only won 8 more games than in 2008-2009. Granted I know there are plenty of other variables to take into account, but I think the proof is in the pudding that LeBron as a rookie made a greater impact than Evans.

Edited by Nitro
  • Like 1

Lebron James had the better rookie year of the two. Similar stats, yes, but Evans didn't have the pressure like LBJ had on him. The Cavs made a major improvement from the previous season and short from NBA experience I thought LBJ should've took league MVP that year.

I thought LBJ should've took league MVP that year.

Hahahahahahaha...funny...

So you're telling me that LeBron had a more impressive season than the 2003-2004 MVP, Kevin Garnett's? Garnett led his team to 58 wins (good for first in the WC) and averaged 24.2 PPG / 13.9RPG / 5.0APG / 2.2BPG / 1.5SPG / 49.9% FG. Duncan led his team to 57 wins and averaged 22.3PPG / 12.4RPG / 3.1APG / 2.7BPG / 50.1% FG. Really think LeBron should have won it over Duncan as well?

• Like 1