NFL Lockout Would Send Brandon Marshall To NBA

The Regime

Miami Herald - Brandon Marshall would like to play in the NBA next season if there's an NFL lockout.

``Oh, absolutely. Why not?'' the 6-5 Marshall said. ``It's either going to be Denver Nuggets -- try to get a workout with them. And, of course, I'll try to get a workout with the [Miami] Heat. I think the better option might be the Heat. Of course, those high salaries, I'll come in and play minimum. Just minimum. Not for free.''

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/18071/20100813/nfl_lockout_would_send_brandon_marshall_to_nba/

Anyone know if he's legit?

He's such a cocky bastard. The only person I could see that could professionally play two sports is someone like LeBron, who's just an athletic freak. Not Marshall.

Its been done before. I think a guy like Antonio Gates could do it and didn't Julius Peppers almost do it coming out of college?

He's such a cocky bastard. The only person I could see that could professionally play two sports is someone like LeBron, who's just an athletic freak. Not Marshall.

Other players that also come to mind:

Josh Smith - WR - Also a freak athlete not as fast as Lebron but he can leap over just about anyone.

Dwight Howard - DE/TE - He might not be strong enough lower body to play DE but he big enough, strong and athletic enough to plat TE.

^LeBron could probably do it but definitely not Antonio Gates. I watched him on Pros vs. Joes and he's pathetic. Mediocre jump shooter and he isn't incredibly fast or athletic.

Antonio Gates was a college basketball player, idk if you knew that.