Extension 'Easy Decision' For Durant

Kevin Durant quickly signed his contract extension this summer, at least in part because of the strong feelings he has towards his team.

"I just like Oklahoma," Durant said this week. "I didn’t want to leave my teammates. It didn’t need to take a lot of time. It was an easy decision for me."

"In most professions, the people who become amazingly special do things in a very unique way," said Mike Krzyzewski. "He wants to learn. He’s half an hour early for our morning meetings. He’s early for practices. That coupled with the talent he has, it’s a unique combination."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68687/20100814/extension_easy_decision_for_durant/

Extremely hard worker who wants to be something great, coming out if college I thought he was way too undersized and came into the NBA too early. But he has definitely proved myself and other people wrong with the commitment and dedication he had made.

Edited by Prodigy

I think Durant has one of the best attitudes. I hope he never loses it.

Stole the words out my mouth. I love that he is really the only young superstar that isn't really in that clan of friends like LBJ, Melo, Wade, CP3, Dwight etc.

Edited by travesy3

Huge fan of his. IMO he's the best offensive player in the game and will get the MVP this year unless LBJ averages a triple double which isn't likely.

:blink:

Anyway, it's always easy when you're only 3 years into the league and just came off a very successful season (both individually and with the team). LBJ was saying similar things 4 years ago when he signed his extension. Even though I love Durant as a player and person, I think people are sipping on the Durantula kool-aid a bit too much.

I think people are sipping on the Durantula kool-aid a bit too much.

I don't think LBJ was ever this humble...at any point in his career. And how could people not be sipping the kool-aid at this point? He's the youngest scoring champ in history and he's only gonna get better.

I don't think LBJ was ever this humble...at any point in his career. And how could people not be sipping the kool-aid at this point? He's the youngest scoring champ in history and he's only gonna get better.

I know LBJ wasn't this humble, but at the same time pretty much everyone thought he was loyal to Cleveland and would never do the things he did to that city this off-season. My point is that of course it was an easy decision for Durant, and that we should take his word with a grain of salt. I feel everyone is being naive if they think he's going to be an OKC-lifer, or if they have a few bad seasons leading up to his contract expiration that he won't leave.

And yes, he's the youngest scoring champ in history...but in all likelihood from a statistical standpoint he won't improve much from what we saw last season. You can't look at it from an age standpoint. He's been in the league 3 seasons and that's when many superstars who get the kind of run he has plateau (think LeBron, Melo, etc...). He definitely has room for improvement on things that don't show up in the stat sheet, but to call him the best offensive player in the league already? He's not even top 3 because all he can do is score at this point (and he's not an extremely versatile scorer either). He doesn't know how to run an offense or make the players around him better yet. That will eventually get better, but he's probably never going to have that feel for the game or court vision that guys like LeBron, Kobe and Wade have.