360 ps3 Dilemma

moeroadkill

okay some of you may know my 360 is broke, so i called up and all that dillio, and whateber whatever. whats wrong with it that the laser what read the disk doesnt work and they said it will cost 200 bucks to repair and i was like [expletive] that i can pretty much get a new xbox for that. sooo now im thinking that i might buy a ps3 so i dont have to deal with this [expletive] anymore.

but one thing that is stopping me is the games iv kinda of recently brought, well the ones that i play. which is madden, red dead redemption and battlefield. i could probably trade in madden for ps3 madden because i still have the docket and only brought it a few days ago.

im thinking of doing a huge package with basically all my xbox stuff(xbox, hardrive, 4 controlls, 2 games Red Dead and Battlefiel) and iv added it all up i would try and sell if for 200-230 bucks

which could get me the 2 games and a controller for ps3... but ima have to decide soon or i wont be able to madden for madden trade and ill loose my value for the game

or just wait untill my birthday and buy a the new xbox or ps3

bit of a read but what do you guys think :lol:

Can you give me battlefield and read dead redemption?;p

I would go with another 360, why get a ps3 when halo reach is around the corner. Get one of the new slim ones.

:lol: too bad its PAL region

i hate halo only game games i play often on the xbox are madden and nba2k

thats why is a dilemma bro i dunno what to do lol

Do you proof read your posts at all? Or do you just type as fast as you can without looking and just click the submit button? That first post was kind of hard to read... :(

Anyways, I'm not sure what I would do. I love my 360 a lot but I'm sort of wanting a PS3. My 360 messed up once, had to send it in, got it a new refurbished one and haven't had any problems since, and that was about a year ago. I'd probably just get another 360.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

My 360 messed up once, had to send it in, got it a new refurbished one and haven't had any problems since, and that was about a year ago. I'd probably just get another 360.

RUN-ON BLURB WITH IMPROPER GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION, DO YOU EVEN PROOFREAD YOUR POSTS BEFORE SUBMITTING THEM?

LOLNOOB

/jk

Your gonna sell your broken xbox? or are you gonna fix it then sell it? You can't really sell a broken xbox to someone without giving them a huge discount. You would also be losing just as much money by selling it and then buying a system than if you just fix the system.

You paid $200+ for the xbox, about $150 for four controllers, and $120 on games.

If you only get like $300(which you won't) back you would have lost a lot of money, and you still wouldn't have enough for all the PS3 stuff, unless you only buy one game. If anything buy a new xbox so you can still play your games and use your expensive controllers.

Edited by SRV

Your gonna sell your broken xbox? or are you gonna fix it then sell it? You can't really sell a broken xbox to someone without giving them a huge discount. You would also be losing just as much money by selling it and then buying a system than if you just fix the system.

You paid $200+ for the xbox, about $150 for four controllers, and $120 on games.

If you only get like $300 back you would have lost a lot of money, and you still wouldn't have enough for all the PS3 stuff, unless you only buy one game. If anything buy a new xbox so you can still play your games and use your expensive controllers.

He won't get $120 on the games, if the games are used and as old as RDD, he'll get about $25-30 each. eBay is a great buyer's market.

Do you proof read your posts at all? Or do you just type as fast as you can without looking and just click the submit button? That first post was kind of hard to read...

haha nah i dont i cbf, i know there would/is tons of spelling and grammar mistakes.

just sell it broken. people buy broken 360's all the time they fix them and then sell them and they probably make a huge profit.

but if i were to sell it i would sell it for 40 bucks probably. just the xbox alone.

i know i would lose heaps of money thats why im not really sure what to do. i want to buy one of them new 360 slims but i dont know if they get problems and i dont want to put up with it

atm im leaning towards another xbox but idk. i have to make my mind up soon before madden loses its value

edit: also why i wont fix it because it will cost me 200+P&H bucks and really if im paying 200 bucks i would rather spend a extra 100 for a brand new one or a slim

Edited by MoeRoadKill

If you fixed it using like the towel method, it'll be a fix for about a week, then do it again and it'll last for 4 days, again for 3 days, and it just gets progressively shorter and shorter.

yeah...I did the towel method repeatedly and the xbox lasted a good 2 more months lol.

I was gonna do the towel trick on my xbox when it broke, but it was in a shelf and I have a lot of things connected to it, so it would have been a pain in the [expletive].

Also, when did you buy your xbox? Cause if its red rings, they fix it for free as long as its under 3 years from the purchase date...RROD and E74 qualify for 3 year warranty rather than 2 year.

I don't even understand the towel trick and why it works, you are basically making your xbox as hot as an oven, and by some miracle it starts working.

Edited by SRV

I was gonna do the towel trick on my xbox when it broke, but it was in a shelf and I have a lot of things connected to it, so it would have been a pain in the [expletive].

Also, when did you buy your xbox? Cause if its red rings, they fix it for free as long as its under 3 years from the purchase date...RROD and E74 qualify for 3 year warranty rather than 2 year.

I don't even understand the towel trick and why it works, you are basically making your xbox as hot as an oven, and by some miracle it starts working.

06 already had the red rings and im out of warranty

but its working fine and if it happens again i know how to fix it, it only took like 10 mins