Dirk or KG?

.thnextone

Which player would be better on the Mavs? Which would be better on the Celtics? It would depend on the circumstances, idk if KG could still be a franchise player or not, but I don't watch the Celtics, KG, too closely since I hate him. But KG is probably still the better of the two, even though I think Dirk can fill it up as good as any big man.

Dirk

KG isn't capable of carrying a team anymore the way Dirk is with the Mavericks. If the Mavs traded Dirk for KG do you really think they'd be a better team? KG is way better on defense and Dirk is way better than offense. KG is slowly turning into a jumpshooter so the overrated post game that he did have isn't even there as much anymore. When talking about great players I choose the guy that is more able to take the team on his back and carry them to victory. I don't think KG is capable of that anymore. And KG isn't a better leader. Just because he screams like an idiot and is more vocal doesn't make him a better leader. He has a great work ethnic, but so does Dirk which people don't realize. Jason Kidd said Dirk has the best work ethnic of any player he's ever played with. Dirk has been the face of that franchise for the past 10 years and has consistantly led them to 50 win seasons. As of now he is more explosive than KG.

Dirk

KG isn't capable of carrying a team anymore the way Dirk is with the Mavericks. If the Mavs traded Dirk for KG do you really think they'd be a better team? KG is way better on defense and Dirk is way better than offense. KG is slowly turning into a jumpshooter so the overrated post game that he did have isn't even there as much anymore. When talking about great players I choose the guy that is more able to take the team on his back and carry them to victory. I don't think KG is capable of that anymore. And KG isn't a better leader. Just because he screams like an idiot and is more vocal doesn't make him a better leader. He has a great work ethnic, but so does Dirk which people don't realize. Jason Kidd said Dirk has the best work ethnic of any player he's ever played with. Dirk has been the face of that franchise for the past 10 years and has consistantly led them to 50 win seasons. As of now he is more explosive than KG.

That's why Dirk choked a 2-0 lead up to Miami. Especially up by 15 with 3 minutes to go in the 4th in game 3. Yup really shows that leader and killer instinct by Dirk.

Edited by magicbalala245

Dirk

Yes? lol

& that's because Kidd's never played with KG

This has gotta be a joke. KG is a better player then Dirk hands down. Better rebounder, scorer, leader, defender, and KG can change a team ala look at the Celtics in 08 compare to this past year.

If you think KG is a better scorer than Dirk you lose all credibility in this thread

That's why Dirk choked a 2-0 lead up to Miami. Especially up by 15 with 3 minutes to go in the 4th in game 3. Yup really shows that leader and killer instinct by Dirk.

Like KG would've ever been able to lead that team to a title. He never even sniffed anything other than the first round in Minnesota until he had Sam Cassell and even then as a number one seed he got owned by a Laker team that had question marks and ultimately embarrassed in the Finals. KG wouldn't have even got a ring right now if it wasn't for Pierce. KG had an imressive 13 points on 37% shooting in Game 7 against Cleveland last year. If it isn't for Pierce's 41 point outbursts Boston's season is over right there. KG doesn't have the best track record of showing up in big games either. It was a knock of his until he had Pierce, Allen, and Rondo on his team so he wouldn't have to carry a load he was incapable of carrying.

get outta here with that. KG has had plenty of disappearing acts in his career.

Are we talking about the same Dirk Nowitzki that choked against the Heat by missing a clutch FT? Or the same one that won league MVP and whose team lost to an 8 seed? C'mon guys this is not contest.

Are we talking about the same Dirk Nowitzki that choked against the Heat by missing a clutch FT? Or the same one that won league MVP and whose team lost to an 8 seed? C'mon guys this is not contest.

So I guess because Dirk missed one free throw he's a choker. The guy shoots 90.1% in the regular season and 89.5% in the playoffs, and 89.1% in that individual series. Obviously you can't make every free throw, but Dirk comes closer to that than almost anyone. Wade missed a lot of free throws in that series too. He could've put the game away against the Mavericks in one of those games, but he missed both FT's giving them a chance to come back and tie. Had Dallas capitalized on that would Wade be labeled a choker? Wade made 78.3% of his foul shots in the regular season that year, 80.8% in the playoffs, and 77.3% in the series. He has a similar trend to Nowitzki, but he's just not as skilled. Noone calls him a choker though for missing foul shots. How many clutch foul shots do you recall KG taking during Boston's title run? Pierce was the one who was at the line taking those shots. Unfortunately Dirk doesn't have guys like Allen and Pierce on his team so he has to carry the team by himself. Something KG doesn't and is incapable of doing.