If MJ never came back after the 93 season, where would he rank on the all time list?

reno

He would definitely be in the top 5 all-time. From '84-'93 he had some of the most dominant single seasons in league history, including ...

-7 straight scoring titles

-3 MVP awards

-3 NBA championships (first 3-peat since 1964-1966)

-3 Finals MVP's

- DPOY award

-ROTY award

-7 straight All-NBA 1st team selections

-6 straight All-Defensive 1st team selections

-1 ASG MVP

-From '85-'93 only had ONE(!!) post-season averaging under 34.5PPG

Even though a lot of people would have problems calling him the GOAT because of his longetivity up until that point, I would definitely have given him that title if he stayed retired in 1993. His dominance was absolutely amazing.

• Owner

Three championships in nine seasons is impressive for a franchise not named the Lakers or Celtics back in the 80's and 90's, and Jordan led that franchise.

Magic may have had the better resume, though, but Jordan would easily be in the top three. I'm sure some would argue Kareem over MJ as well.

Def top 5, but I don't know if he would still be considered the GOAT. I think another problem is that we can't comprehend what would have happened if he had never come back. Malone/Stockton might have won 2 or 3 titles if Jordan had stayed retired. Olajuwon could have won a third. Reggie Miller could have won a couple. There are too many variables.

Edited by Lkr