Vernon Davis

fly3rs18

im pretty sure you said he would breakout two years ago also and he sucked

Actually he didn't suck. That shows your lack of knowlegde. I can whip out the statistics on how effective he was for the 49er's running game, being one of the most effective blocking TE's. It's not his fault he wasn't utilized.

Also, Michael Crabtree will outperform Desean Jackson.

And, for iBoldin, you do know Alex Smith had 18 TD's last year playing 11 1/2 games? He had an inexperienced Michael Crabtree, a makeshift offensive-line, a new OC, and an hurt HB. He can EASILY get 25 TD's.

Actually he didn't suck. That shows your lack of knowlegde. I can whip out the statistics on how effective he was for the 49er's running game, being one of the most effective blocking TE's. It's not his fault he wasn't utilized.

maybe he didnt suck, but he certainly was no where as good as you said he would be that season.

and we will see how kolb does, but i highly doubt that crabtree does better. you are gonna say that everyone on the 49ers will do better then everyone on the eagles or any other team, so arguing it is pretty pointless with you

And, for iBoldin, you do know Alex Smith had 18 TD's last year playing 11 1/2 games? He had an inexperienced Michael Crabtree, a makeshift offensive-line, a new OC, and an hurt HB. He can EASILY get 25 TD's.

Kind of like how the 49ers were supposed to destroy the Eagles that one time, right?

BURRRRN SON!

Oh, you mean the game where the league was going to write a letter to the 49er's apologizing for the officiating.

Ah, yes, THAT game.

But..but..I was only messing around with that comment. :lol:

Let me settle these homer thoughts of ECN

Guys you can't take him seriously, he's the same guy who said:

Lester > any other pitcher in MLB, what a joke

Crabtree > Jackson, what a joke

Smith > a decent QB, what a joke

Vernon Davis the reason for the 9ers good run offense > their o-line and gore being the reason, what a joke

Vernon Davis > Jason Witten, what a joke

The 9ers > Eagles last year, what a joke

Looking at the things he said we can conclude that when talking to ECN you must remember how much of a homer he is and to not take him seriously until he becomes more realistic.

Let me settle these homer thoughts of ECN

Guys you can't take him seriously, he's the same guy who said:

Lester > any other pitcher in MLB, what a joke

Crabtree > Jackson, what a joke

Smith > a decent QB, what a joke

Vernon Davis the reason for the 9ers good run offense > their o-line and gore being the reason, what a joke

Vernon Davis > Jason Witten, what a joke

The 9ers > Eagles last year, what a joke

Looking at the things he said we can conclude that when talking to ECN you must remember how much of a homer he is and to not take him seriously until he becomes more realistic.

1. Show me a post where I said Lester was the best pitcher in the NFL.

2. Michael Crabtree coming in late to the season and performing exceptionally well on a poor offense is some solid evidence. Not to mention that Darnell Docket said he's his breakout player of the year, and could have picked anyone, especially not in the NFC West.

3. He threw 18 TD's behind a poor offensive-line, coming into the season 5 and a half games late.

4. That made no sense at all.

5. That's just true, and you need to accept the facts.There's a reason he was selected to start in the pro-bowl, and it's sure as hell not because he has the largest fan-base(Cowboys). The coaches and players selected hi, and he has a superior skill-set to Jason Witten.

It's alright though, we all know Tony Romo isn't a choker and that David Wright is the best 3rd-baseman in the league(something you have said before). :lol: .

1. Show me a post where I said Lester was the best pitcher in the NFL.

2. Michael Crabtree coming in late to the season and performing exceptionally well on a poor offense is some solid evidence. Not to mention that Darnell Docket said he's his breakout player of the year, and could have picked anyone, especially not in the NFC West.

3. He threw 18 TD's behind a poor offensive-line, coming into the season 5 and a half games late.

4. That made no sense at all.

5. That's just true, and you need to accept the facts.There's a reason he was selected to start in the pro-bowl, and it's sure as hell not because he has the largest fan-base(Cowboys). The coaches and players selected hi, and he has a superior skill-set to Jason Witten.

It's alright though, we all know Tony Romo isn't a choker and that David Wright is the best 3rd-baseman in the league(something you have said before). :lol: .

1. You said it via IM

2. Dockett said it, it must be true. BTW he said breakout player, not better than D Jax

3. So we measure QB's on TD's alone....hm

4. That made plenty of sense, making no sense would be to say the reason the 9ers have a good rushing attack is because they have Vernon Davis.

5. Haha, cute. Witten has much better hands, is a better route runner, and a better blocker, not to mention he's experienced. Vernon has mucles, penalties, drops and speed, nice.

Tony Romo won a playoff game last year no?

I WOULD NEVER ever say D-Wright > A-Rod I consider A-Rod to be one of the greatest players to ever play the game, but besides A-Rod yes D Wright is the best 3B in the NL and the AL (again besides A-Rod)

1. You said it via IM

2. Dockett said it, it must be true. BTW he said breakout player, not better than D Jax

3. So we measure QB's on TD's alone....hm

4. That made plenty of sense, making no sense would be to say the reason the 9ers have a good rushing attack is because they have Vernon Davis.

5. Haha, cute. Witten has much better hands, is a better route runner, and a better blocker, not to mention he's experienced. Vernon has mucles, penalties, drops and speed, nice.

Tony Romo won a playoff game last year no?

I WOULD NEVER ever say D-Wright > A-Rod I consider A-Rod to be one of the greatest players to ever play the game, but besides A-Rod yes D Wright is the best 3B in the NL and the AL (again besides A-Rod)

1. No, I never said he was the best pitcher in the MLB. I've said he's the best young left-handed pitcher, but way to try and spin things.

2. He will have a better season than Jackson.

3. That's a poor response. :lol: .

4. Again, you're making no senses at all. I said he was a great blocker which he is.

5. He is faster than Witten, stronger than Witten, more motivated than Witten, and FARRRRRRRRRRRRR superior blocker.

6. Yes, you did say that. It was when you kept saying how cute David Wright was. :lol: .

1. No, I never said he was the best pitcher in the MLB. I've said he's the best young left-handed pitcher, but way to try and spin things.

2. He will have a better season than Jackson.

3. That's a poor response. :lol: .

4. Again, you're making no senses at all. I said he was a great blocker which he is.

5. He is faster than Witten, stronger than Witten, more motivated than Witten, and FARRRRRRRRRRRRR superior blocker.

6. Yes, you did say that. It was when you kept saying how cute David Wright was. :lol: .

1. Sorry, you said Lester > Lincecum, some would think being better than Lincecum and being the best is one in the same, not me, anyway still, ridiculous statement, can't take you seriously.

2. You care to make a wager on that?

3. Yes because if you throw 40 TD's, 2000 yards and 40 Int's you had an incredible season, no saying the only reason Alex Smith is good is because he threw 18 td's is a poor response

Again, Vernon Davis is the reason the 9ers have a good running game?

5. I admitted he was faster and stronger, means nothing unless you know how utilize it fully. Which he doesn't. Far more motivated? Wtf? Witten > Davis blocking wise, sorry.

6. a) I never said it, and you can search every post i've made in any forum in my life, I'd never say Wright > A-rod, b) it's sexy not cute ;)

Edited by Fish7718

1. Sorry, you said Lester > Lincecum, some would think being better than Lincecum and being the best is one in the same, not me, anyway still, ridiculous statement, can't take you seriously.

2. You care to make a wager on that?

3. Yes because if you throw 40 TD's, 2000 yards and 40 Int's you had an incredible season, no saying the only reason Alex Smith is good is because he threw 18 td's is a poor response

Again, Vernon Davis is the reason the 9ers have a good running game?

5. I admitted he was faster and stronger, means nothing unless you know how utilize it fully. Which he doesn't. Far more motivated? Wtf? Witten > Davis blocking wise, sorry.

6. a) I never said it, and you can search every post i've made in any forum in my life, I'd never say Wright > A-rod, b) it's sexy not cute ;)

I would say Vernon Davis had the biggest effect on the 49er's running game compared to their O-Line. Also, I would bet you anything that almost every GM would say Davis is a better blocker.

And, yes, I would put a friendly wager on it. We can make whatever friendly wager you want to after the pre-season.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Witten is a better player then Vernon Davis. 1 decent productive season where Davis never even really came on until Week 7 (besides Minnesota) in an air-it-out system last year under Singletary doesn't equal four or five All-Pro, productive seasons by Witten.

Get your head out of Davis' [expletive].

Witten is a better player then Vernon Davis. 1 decent productive season where Davis never even really came on until Week 7 (besides Minnesota) in an air-it-out system last year under Singletary doesn't equal four or five All-Pro, productive seasons by Witten.

Get your head out of Davis' [expletive].

You mad he makes Wilson look like a chump, and Wilson has to take a cheap shot to get him down? :lol: .

Davis is far more talented than Witten and proved it last season, and will continue to do so this year. Also, an air it out system my [expletive]. Jimmy Raye was an idiot last season.

Don't worry though, setting the All-Time record for TD's by a TE means nothing. I'm sure you think Fitz is the best WR in the NFL as well. :lol: .

You mad he makes Wilson look like a chump, and Wilson has to take a cheap shot to get him down? :lol: .

Davis is far more talented than Witten and proved it last season, and will continue to do so this year. Also, an air it out system my [expletive]. Jimmy Raye was an idiot last season.

Don't worry though, setting the All-Time record for TD's by a TE means nothing. I'm sure you think Fitz is the best WR in the NFL as well. :lol: .

6× Pro Bowl selection (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009)

1× First-team All-Pro selection (2007)

2× Second-team All-Pro selection (2008, 2009)

CBS' All-Iron Award (2009)

Cowboys record 15 receptions in a game

Receptions 523

Receiving yards 5,965

Touchdowns 27

Vs

1× Pro Bowl selection (2009)

Receptions 181

Receiving yards 2,097

Receiving TDs 22

Hmmm, tough choice...

6× Pro Bowl selection (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009)

1× First-team All-Pro selection (2007)

2× Second-team All-Pro selection (2008, 2009)

CBS' All-Iron Award (2009)

Cowboys record 15 receptions in a game

Receptions 523

Receiving yards 5,965

Touchdowns 27

Vs

1× Pro Bowl selection (2009)

Receptions 181

Receiving yards 2,097

Receiving TDs 22

Hmmm, tough choice...

No [expletive] Witten is more proven. You're one of the fools that would tkae Chris Johnson over Adrian Peterson, which is a similar situation, except Davis is actually better than Witten. Jason Witten has had a very good QB(yes, I think Romo is very good), a good O-Line, and other offensive weapons throughout his career. He wasn't blocking the whole game. In just his 4th season, Davis set the All-Time TD record for TE's.

I'm done with this thread, but don't worry, at the end of the season when Davis makes 1st Team-All Pro, I'll make sure I bump it while Jason Witten is struggling to fine the endzone, yet again.

No [expletive] Witten is more proven. You're one of the fools that would tkae Chris Johnson over Adrian Peterson, which is a similar situation, except Davis is actually better than Witten. Jason Witten has had a very good QB(yes, I think Romo is very good), a good O-Line, and other offensive weapons throughout his career. He wasn't blocking the whole game. In just his 4th season, Davis set the All-Time TD record for TE's.

I'm done with this thread, but don't worry, at the end of the season when Davis makes 1st Team-All Pro, I'll make sure I bump it while Jason Witten is struggling to fine the endzone, yet again.

He is also a fool that would take Romo over Rodgers, smh

Lol first of all it is nowhere near a similar situation. Witten doesn't fumble his [expletive] off. Peterson is the most talented back in the NFL but he's unreliable, big games are decided by turnovers, RB's can not cough it up. Jason Witten didn't have Romo until mid way through 06

in 03 it was Quincy Carter

04 Testaverde

05 Bledsoe

so much for that argument :lol: true Witten doesn't have better weapons by tight ends shouldn't be limited by surrounding players, they run intermediate routes that any QB in the NFL can hit and for the most part they develop quickly so o-line isn't that important either.

Again with the TD's can you stop judging players of TD's alone it's quite silly, I really am impressed by the All-Time TD record it's nice but it was one year, if he does it again okay he's a great TE but you still can't say he's better than Witten just because he had more TD's.

:lol: @ Witten struggling to find the endzone, everyone knows Witten doesn't score TD's by now, they have their redzone TE's in Phillips and Bennett and they like to run it a lot in the red zone, another reason while judging TE's by TD's is worthless.

That's such a childish way to come back. "You Mad?" I'm not mad, considering the Cardinals won the division and another playoff game while the 49ers watched it at home.

It was an air-it-out system, because they threw the ball 528 times compared to running the ball 371 times. 147 more times. That means you threw the ball more times then you ran it by an astronomical amount.

It's not even worth arguing with you, and I'm not going to waste my time doing it because you're so far set into your ways, that any other opinion that differs from yours comes back with you suggesting someone is mad with something totally irrelevant to the matter at hand or completely throwing it out the window.

You're by far the biggest homer on the site. There is absolutely no chance in reasoning with you.

Ah, I'm a homer because I think Jon Lester is one of the best pitchers in the MLB. I'm a homer because I think Vernon Davis is the best TE. Well, the players in the NFL certainly thought so last year giving him the most votes to start.

I've said many times for years that Ortiz, Papelbon, Bucholtz, ect. suck and I hate them, yet they are all good players. It has nothing to do with being a homer, rather it's being correct.

Also, Fish, you have no room to talk, especially with the way you try and say Tony Romo doesn't choke at all. I never thought he was a "choker" per say, but Cowboy fans like you are the reason people hate Romo and the Cowgirls.

Ah, I'm a homer because I think Jon Lester is one of the best pitchers in the MLB. I'm a homer because I think Vernon Davis is the best TE. Well, the players in the NFL certainly thought so last year giving him the most votes to start.

I've said many times for years that Ortiz, Papelbon, Bucholtz, ect. suck and I hate them, yet they are all good players. It has nothing to do with being a homer, rather it's being correct.

Also, Fish, you have no room to talk, especially with the way you try and say Tony Romo doesn't choke at all. I never thought he was a "choker" per say, but Cowboy fans like you are the reason people hate Romo and the Cowgirls.

No, you're a homer in the fact that you don't respect anyone elses opinion and dismiss them because all you believe in is your opinion and that opinion is always right.

You're a homer in the fact that when anyone presents you with cold hard facts you call them;

a. an idiot

b. a homer themselves or

c. say "you mad because blah is better then blah because blah?"

That is your basis point for all conversations, and that is why I, personally don't argue with you.

That's all I'm going to say.

• Like 1

No, you're a homer in the fact that you don't respect anyone elses opinion and dismiss them because all you believe in is your opinion and that opinion is always right.

You're a homer in the fact that when anyone presents you with cold hard facts you call them;

a. an idiot

b. a homer themselves or

c. say "you mad because blah is better then blah because blah?"

That is your basis point for all conversations, and that is why I, personally don't argue with you.

That's all I'm going to say.

ECN just had his [expletive] handed to him on a silver platter

Too bad I never mentioned Vernon Davis until the Tony Romo masturbater mentioned him. He probably still has his sick between David Wright's crack.

I'm done with this thread.

You mentioned Vernon Davis in the first post...and you said you were done like 15 posts ago...

btw, lol u mad?

Edited by Fish7718