I will trade Melo for...

It seems more obvious by the day that this guy is not interested in staying... so if I were GM I'd trade him for:

Nets: Derrick Favors, Terrence Williams, and Devin Harris...

Big believer in Derrick Favors, I think he's the next big thing at PF position. He will be our newest franchise. I'd then trade Harris for a nice big, Memphis seems stacked with bigs, maybe Harris can give us Marc Gasol and filler.

C - Marc Gasol

PF - Derrick Favors

SF - Terrence Williams

SG - Arron Afflalo

PG - Ty Lawson

---

6th - Chauncey Billups

7th - Nene

8th - Kenyon Martin

9th - Al Harrington

10th - J.R. Smith

11th - Chris Andersen

And we should win 55 games. :)

• Owner

Pipe dream. The Nets would never agree to that. They are high on Williams, Favors can become an all-star, and Harris is a good offensive point guard when he's healthy and could bring in talent alone in a trade.

We only need to sell to the Nets this:

"Melo will put the Nets in the playoffs."

Melo never misses playoffs in his career... LeBron missed one, Wade and Bosh missed some... As lazy and primadonna he can be, he is a winner. His numerous game winning shots back it up.

The Nets must also be intrigued in pairing him with Brook Lopez... with Melo, they got franchise. Without Melo, they might not have one. They got All Stars, but no franchise. If they think Favors is franchise, it's taking a risk... if they're willing to do that. I am a big believer in Favors, so I don't think acquiring him is a risk...

Remember guys, Barkley was traded to the Suns for 4 good players... Melo is capable of being in MVP consideration every year.

• Owner

Remember guys, Barkley was traded to the Suns for 4 good players... Melo is capable of being in MVP consideration every year.

That should be more of a reason for you guys NOT to trade Melo, because Charles became the league's MVP the first season with Phoenix, and he led them to the Finals and would've won a ring if it wasn't for Jordan (who also ruined Malone's chances).

But, with that said...Carmelo Anthony is definitely no Charles Barkley.

And, as stated above, the Suns were stacked with talent and a very underrated point guard in Johnson, who was putting up numbers similar to Nash's MVP seasons.

Well you gotta give something if you want a franchise... Melo is no Barkley, he can't rebound as well, but he is a franchise player in a different category. He puts points and puts your team in contention... always. People know he doesn't play defense, but under the coach that demands it (Karl doesn't), he can be an exceptional defender... and by this, I don't mean above average... I mean EXCEPTIONAL defender. We saw he made it tough for Kobe in WCF 2 years ago. He's got quick feet to stay in front of his men, big and physical body, and quick hands to be disruptive. The thing that makes him poor defender is his laziness/ attitude.

But Melo, under the right coach, can be a perfect player and therefore an undisputed franchise player.

Devin Harris is certainly not.

Brooke Lopez may be a 20 and 10 but no franchise.

Favors? If they're willing to bank on it.

Williams had a nice rookie season, but he is a once All Star in his career at best.

But Melo is the sure thing... he's proven and is reaching his peak soon. Remember also that the player Nets really don't wanna part is Lopez. They keep him and add a franchise player. Their next step is to surround them with the right players.

For the Nuggets, we can afford to lose him... for the right value. We certainly don't want someone who doesn't wanna stay. And if we keep him, then he'll walk and we get nothing or 3 first round picks... no no way! It's also arguable Barkley would have not won MVP had he stayed in Philly.

We certainly don't want someone who doesn't wanna stay. And if we keep him, then he'll walk and we get nothing or 3 first round picks...

This is the reason why the Nuggets is in a weak bargaining position. The other teams know that Melo don't want to stay as much as he would like to leave, so why would the Nets offer them their starting PG, their starting SG and their future starting PF for him?

• Owner

That last post tells me you're doing everything possible to make it sound like New Jersey is trading meaningless talent...but in your first post, you seem to really want those players.

You made the argument as to why you want them, and now you're arguing why New Jersey shouldn't.

Lawson would need to be included, at the very least. New Jersey won't run with Farmar.

^I'm looking for the best interest of the Nuggets of course, but doesn't mean it has to be at the expense of other party involved.

Always have a win-win deal, that way all parties involved are happy, and you make it happen, instead of just talk.

Why are Nets happy? They got franchise... if they want to give a lot. You have to give a lot for a franchise... and they get to keep the only player they don't want to trade: Lopez. And you want us to throw in Lawson? Come on now.

Why are Nuggets happy? We got Favors, Williams, and Gasol (if my second trade successful).

If they want us to throw in Lawson... it's no deal. Take it or leave it... I'm sure they'll take it... eventually. Even if it means until the February deadline.

---

Newman, not really... unlike LeBron and Bosh, we actually do hold some leverage in that the next CBA will impose lower salaries for players. If we do deal now, we can make a contract with Melo that he extends to give him the maximum that he seeks and then trade him to the Nets. We can just do nothing (not trade him), let him play the 2010-11 season, and then he walks (yes, we lose) but Melo WILL also lose because by him not signing extension, it means he will have to sign his next contract under the new CBA that surely imposes lower salary. He certainly wants to sign that extension to get his money, but if he does, our leverage only grows.

Edited by Snake