WK9: Indianapolis @ Philadelphia

Real Deal

When has Vick ever lead a team to the NFC Championship game?

It's not even Vick I don't have confidence in, it's the defense that doesn't have what it takes to lead them deep into the playoffs. Their offense is great right now, but it's going to take Vick playing amazing every game in the playoffs (all of which will be on the road) to get this team to the super bowl.

I don't see how you say you've seen enough of Kolb to say he won't lead a team to the super bowl. The guy has completed 4 games in his entire career and he's 3-1. If Sanchez/Johnson/Dilfer can lead a team to a super bowl anyone can't. Given the Eagles don't and may not have a defense of that standing for years but Kolb is certainly more talented than the former 3. Until you give Kolb 1-2 full years I don't think you can make an accurate assessment of him. Look at Eli Manning, a lot of people in NY wanted him gone after his first 2 or 3 years, he won a super bowl.

Super Bowl XXXIX season

To me, that rule is in place to guard against guys leading with their helmet, hitting with malicious intent. This hit doesn't really fall into that though. It's pretty clear that the helmet to helmet contact was unintentional, since Coleman was clearly leading with his shoulder. There was no unnecessary, violent spearing, butting, etc. Totally unfortunate that the result of the hit was what it was, but it was legal. No malicious intent.

Okay. It's apparent I'm either extremely biased or watching the wrong replay, because nobody seems to agree with me. I'll bow out of the convo.

In other news, they made Desean a special helmet like Francisco Cervelli's but he won't wear it because it "doesn't look good". Idiot? I legit won't be disheartened if his next concussion puts him out for his career, how can you be stupid enough to put looks above your health? Idiocy, in my opinion.

Okay. It's apparent I'm either extremely biased or watching the wrong replay, because nobody seems to agree with me. I'll bow out of the convo.

In other news, they made Desean a special helmet like Francisco Cervelli's but he won't wear it because it "doesn't look good". Idiot? I legit won't be disheartened if his next concussion puts him out for his career, how can you be stupid enough to put looks above your health? Idiocy, in my opinion.

Desean is quite stupid. And he may be about to have a pretty big controversy on his hands...he just called somebody "gay" on his Twitter account. Dude is a hell of a player so as long as he is an Eagle, he has my support...but you are correct, he is quite silly.

I laughed everytime I saw this

http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/david-wright-helmet-and-great-gazoo.jpg

Well, the Colts lost the game here, and in my opinion it shows a lot of weakness for them.

They're still a very talented team, that has been depleted by injury, don't get me wrong, but I think their window is closing fast to compete for another Super Bowl. Manning is getting older, and while he's still playing great football, I've started to see some age wearing down on him. He'll be able to play at a good level for a few more years, but the team around him is getting a lot older. Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, and the rest of the stars in Indy just aren't quite what they used to be. Sooner or later, the Colts are going to have to start re-building. Just sad to see happening, but thought I'd bring that out.