WK13: NY Jets @ New England

Real Deal

• 3 months later...

Game of the decade? Talk about hype. This game has huge implications for the AFC Championship whichever team losses will probably have to play 3 playoff games on the road to get to the superbowl as opossed to the winner who will probably only play 2 games and have homefield throughout.

Even though I am a Jets fan, a big one at that, I have to say that I'm thinking the Pats win this one.

First of all, the Jets have, recently, been strong against the Patriots at home, and have struggled against them on the road. Sanchez has struggled lately, and the ground game hasn't ever found a way to get going. The Jets have struggled in defending the run recently, and Woodhead is the exact speedy type of back that could do some damage running around the Jets' relatively slow front 7. Add in the huge loss of Leonhard, and it looks like it'll take a superhuman effort like Cromartie's in the second half of the first Jets-Pats game for the Jets to win.

Worst kick I've seen since Hartley shanked the game winner vs the Falcons. Should have just went for it again. Folk is doing the same exact thing he did in Dallas. Starts out amazing, misses a couple FG's an falls apart.

TD, what a stupid penalty committed by whoever that was on the Jets.

It was Eric Smith. Expect to see him do more of that.

There really isn't much of a point for Jets fans to watch the first quarter of their teams' games. Their entire team plays horridly. They can never sustain a drive, and they always give up at least one score. If the Jets give up another touchdown in the quarter, it's over. If not, they can still come back. But they just don't have the offense to come back from such large deficits.