Dragic Might Opt To Leave NBA

The Regime

Suns guard Goran Dragic might leave the NBA after the completion of his current contract.

Goran is under contract with Phoenix next season for $1.97 million and there is a team option for $2.1 million in 2011-12.

Tassos Melas of The Score's Basketball Jones translated Dragic's comments to the European media.

"I am completely satisfied with my presence in the NBA. These two years helped me evolve as a player. I improved in all areas. I have a contract for this year, and then for the following year, it's my choice whether or not to continue (in Phoenix). Maybe I return to Europe," Dragic said.

"Eventually this will happen for sure. I do not know if it will the season after next. But the prospect of a big European team, perhaps even Greek, would interest me very much. Winning titles is always something which is very important."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68809/20100822/dragic_might_opt_to_leave_nba/

WHAT!?!?! Suns lose Amare. Now they're maybe going to lose Dragic. Soon it's Steve nash! wow in less then 3 years, Suns will be in complete rebuilding mode. Anyways, I really hope Dragic is not going to leave. He was a really good PG and learned a lot from Steve Nash's advices. I will always remember these 21 points in a quarter! CRAZY!

Dragic is just trying to get an extension from the Suns. People will believe ANY rumor.

It's not a rumor when the info is coming straight from his own mouth. And you're right, he may be posturing. However, it's definitely very much a possibility because many other foreign players have gone the same route.

It would really suck to see Dragic leave Phoenix but I don't think he will leave. With Nash gone his probably going to be our starting center but that must mean he must wait for this team to recover and build up a team worthy of contending but I don't think that'll happen with Sarver running things.

The money he can get from Europe would be quite similar to the money the Suns will be willing to offer if he keeps up his performance so I don't think he is going to leave. As said above, this might have only be said to get him some more leverage in the next contract talk.

Edited by Newman

Dragic Clarifies Comments About Europe

Suns guard Goran Dragic has clarified recent comments made to a Greek journalist about leaving the NBA to return to Europe.

Dragic is under contract with Phoenix through the 2011-12 season.

"This news is not correct, because I made a statement that I want to end my basketball career in Europe. So this is a big misunderstanding of the Greek (journalist)," Dragic wrote in an e-mail to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic.

"In this moment I'm very happy in the NBA and I'm not going to Europe! I am a member of the Phoenix Suns, and my desire is to stay in Phoenix for many years!"

Link