J.R. Smith on the trading block

lol

I like JR Smith. When he's on he's virtually unstoppable, I still remember all those times he killed the Lakers, but he's just a hot or cold type of player. If he's not on fire he hurts you more than he helps. I kind of expected him to be traded when the Nuggets signed Al Harrington though, you can't have enough basketball to go between those two and that's only the bench.

• Owner

Some on TLN would want to trade Vujacic for him (like Denver would really do that to begin with).

But I wouldn't. I'd rather keep Sasha, funny as it sounds. I like JR Smith's ability to shoot 4-5 from downtown one night, but I don't like when he shoots 4-12 whenever he feels like it, and his attitude absolutely sucks.

JR Smith..always been one of my favorite players for his attitude and energy. Bring him to Boston i'd gladly take him now that T.A. isn't backing up Ray Allen at the 2 any longer

There would be a locker-room brawl between Smith and Robinson if that happened.

I wonder if New York would take him if that was the only way to get Carmelo...

I wonder if New York would take him if that was the only way to get Carmelo...

D'Antoni would bust in his pants if he got Smith. Seriously. He'd fit in perfect in that system.

Edited by Nitro

lol

I like JR Smith. When he's on he's virtually unstoppable, I still remember all those times he killed the Lakers, but he's just a hot or cold type of player. If he's not on fire he hurts you more than he helps. I kind of expected him to be traded when the Nuggets signed Al Harrington though, you can't have enough basketball to go between those two and that's only the bench.

That sums it up.

We don't need a player who puts 40 pts on 11 3s one game and then goes cold for the next 2 weeks shooting 25-30%. We don't want blowout wins some and then losses because some player takes 15 shots and only makes 3-4. He hurts us more when he's a no show...

I just want someone who comes off the bench and gives a steady 15 consistently every game. Nothing explosive, or fancy, just steady... e.g. Jamal Crawford since joining the Hawks.

• Owner

And Real you can keep your Vujasuck on your team.

He was the machine like 3-4 years ago, now he's a dead weight. I'd rather keep J.R. lol

Vujacic was actually contributing during his contract season: 9 PPG on 45% FG, 44% 3PT, 18 MPG.

Contract season is up again, and supposedly, he's healthy now. I expect a better percentage from the floor this time, compared to last season's 40%.

Plus, he's an expiring $5 million. If he doesn't play good basketball, we regain a total of $10 million (salary plus luxury tax fees). Perfect for us.

^Thing is if I were you, I'd be lobbying for a J.R. for Vujajic trade. You have enough firepower as it is with Barnes and Blake, but just the imagine the thought of J.R. actually blossoming and living to his potential under Phil Jackson...

J.R. at full potential could be a 24ppg player and possibly a franchise. He has unlimited shooting range, he has athleticism, he has skills. He only needs to have the right brain that says "I want to get better and be the best player I can be." Then he'll learn to play D, and add a post move, and Kobe mid range game and moves. Perfect.

I think only Phil, Gregg, and Doc can reach to his brain to get him to play to his full potential.

^Thing is if I were you, I'd be lobbying for a J.R. for Vujajic trade. You have enough firepower as it is with Barnes and Blake, but just the imagine the thought of J.R. actually blossoming and living to his potential under Phil Jackson...

J.R. at full potential could be a 24ppg player and possibly a franchise. He has unlimited shooting range, he has athleticism, he has skills. He only needs to have the right brain that says "I want to get better and be the best player I can be." Then he'll learn to play D, and add a post move, and Kobe mid range game and moves. Perfect.

I think only Phil, Gregg, and Doc can reach to his brain to get him to play to his full potential.

can't tell if srs.

how can you talk about potential? he has been in the league 6 seasons, what you see now is pretty much what you will get. best case I see Trevor Ariza in him.

Edited by travesy3

If I were Phil, having taken and successfully mastered personality projects as heavy as "Dennis Rodman", "Michael Jordan" (his ego was big all right), "Kobe" (see MJ), "Shaq", and "Ron Artest", I'd go to Mitch and ask, "can we get J.R.?" Or if I was Buss or Mitch, I would go to Phil asking him if he could take on another.

Yes, there's a part in me that wants to see J.R. live to his potential under Phil, Gregg, or Doc... I hope he does. He'd be a fabulous player. :)

Yeah I'd like to see JR at full potential but I don't think Phil want's to stay around that long. JR is a big risk, big reward player right now and with him expiring I think it'd depend on how much he values his next contract at.

I'd be tempted to take him in Phoenix, J-Rich is slowing down now, Barbosa is gone also and I think between Gentry and Nash they can guide him. Gentry helped change Amar'e and turn him from a supposed locker room cancer and we have veteran leaders in Grant Hill and Steve Nash.

I think J.R. could easily surpass JRich. He's so explosive...

He's more creative in finishing and penetrating... some of the skills he possesses are just beastly I have to post it again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMBtIHIMV54

#19 and #18 tell me his post game can be developed further... instead of attacking the rim, Phil can tell him, "I want you to learn turnaround fadeaway shot off post move." Kobe can teach him... who's the better teacher? J.R.'s done this (turnaround fadeaway shot off post move)... and he did this beautifully and perfectly... but it's a mystery as to why he does it only once or twice every season.

If this guy masters the post game and some mid-range game, the things that made Kobe Kobe, J.R. would be an automatic 24+ppg player.

#14 #6 #3 #1 tell me why J.R. could be the most explosive and (awesomest at that!) finisher in the history of this L.

#13 #11 #10 remind me of Kobe...

Edited by Snake

I think J.R. could easily surpass JRich. He's so explosive...

He's more creative in finishing and penetrating... some of the skills he possesses are just beastly I have to post it again...

First off, J-Rich ain't the athlete JR is at the moment, but back in the day? J-Rich was a FREAK.

Secondly, have elite skills are just a part of being a truly elite player. You got to have heart, proper attitude, discipline, maturity and ways you can effectively (and efficiently) maximize your skills. Why everyone questions JR is for all these reasons. And time is ticking away. A lot of those things don't change6-7 years into the league.

#14 #6 #3 #1 tell me why J.R. could be the most explosive and (awesomest at that!) finisher in the history of this L.

Because of this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNmU1esUF4k

Edited by Nitro