Josh Smith or Gerald Wallace.

*Swish*

Both players are explosive, energetic and good defenders. But who's the better player?

I'm taking Josh Smith because he's younger and also because he's a better defender. such a great shot blocker already got 1000 blocks. He's the youngest player that already got 1000 blocks!

Shot blocking doesn't make someone a better defender. JaVale McGee blocks shots left and right but his overall defense is atrocious. I'd take Wallace because of his ability to truly lock down players, and he has the ability to grab an uncanny amount of rebounds at his height. He is also a better shooter, and seems to be an overall more reliable offensive weapon. The only edge Smith has over Wallace is shot blocking and dunking in my opinion.

yes it can lol. it isn't the end all be all but blocking shots is a pretty big part of defense, look at Dwight Howard, not a terrific man defender but his blocking disrupts entire offenses, same with Camby.

It is indeed a defensive attribute, but the OP was making it sound like Josh Smith was a better defender than Gerald Wallace because "omg he blocks so many shots!" Wallace blocks less shots than Smith, yet is widely acclaimed as a better defender.

Josh Sith. A much better defender. Is slightly less better than GForce on scoring.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2qb4xfs.jpg

???

And I'm taking Wallace 10 times out of 10. Far superior on both sides of the ball, especially defense. Blocked shots is one of the most overrated stats when trying to measure someones defensive ability.

Josh Sith. A much better defender. Is slightly less better than GForce on scoring.

Much better defender? tell me you're joking! they're both great defenders. Even though I give a slight edge to Smith

http://i33.tinypic.com/2qb4xfs.jpg

???

OH come on man he just made a spelling mistakes. Happens to everybody.

Much better defender? Lol... please start watching basketball.

OH come on man he just made a spelling mistakes. Happens to everybody.

Yeah you should know more than anyone.