High School to D-League

Do you think in the next few years the D-League could have an impact on high school players who don't qualify academically for college basketball? Will Barton looked like he was going to the D-League until he finally got cleared and Latavious Williams went to the D-League last season when he wasn't academically eligible. I can see players going to the D-League over Europe because in Europe, unless the player is really special, young guys don't get much playing time unless they fit the European system, which is much slower and shooting oriented.

i think it's very good for the league. some people are extremely talented however are not smart enough to go to college, or need money urgently, they can go to the D-League, get ready and have a decent NBA career. of course, going to college should be the #1 option imo, however i still think this is a good idea

I think they are probably better off going this route since they will get televised more than if they played in Europe, but hopefully top prospects don't go there commonly. People will have more access to what they are doing and how they look than if they played in Europe.

Edited by travesy3