Nuggets Want To Deal Carmelo To Nets, Kings Or Wolves

ChosenOne

Sam Amico of NBA.com is reporting that the Nuggets are looking at three teams as destinations for All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony -- the Nets, Kings and Timberwolves.

"Early word around NBA is Nuggets will try to trade Carmelo to 1 of 3 teams: Wolves, Kings, Nets. In other words, careful what you wish for," Amico wrote on his Twitter page.

The New York Post reported on Saturday morning that the Nets are a "legit" suitor for Anthony.

An NBA executive was quoted as saying that New Jersey as the right pieces to acquire the forward.

RealGM

This makes sense since they are teams with the best young talent.

You beat me to this... the other thread can be deleted I guess...

From Nets I'll take: Derrick Favors, Terrence Williams, and Devin Harris (then traded to Grizzlies for Marc Gasol).

From T-Wolves I'll take: Kevin Love, Corey Brewer, Martell Webster, rights to Ricky Rubio (after he convinces us to play here), and Wesley Johnson. RAPES THE WHOLE TEAM :lol:

From Kings: Tyreke Evans, Carl Landry, and fillers.

Kings won't give Tyreke that's for sure. I don't think Melo is going to end up to Sacramento though. It's Nets more then anything. But the better option would be the Rockets. They got a lot to offer and Melo is interested in going to Houston

^Who would they give then? Francisco Garcia??

DeMarcus Cousins is Nene v. 2.0 that ain't happening.

Who do you suggest they trade? Personally, I don't like Tyreke, I think he got a little bit of attitude, but as long as he performs, I'll take him...

Dalembert-Thompson-Greene-1st

• Owner

Sacramento won't be trading Evans or Cousins. Thompson, Landry, Casspi, Udrih...all of those guys will be considered, but not the two franchise players. The idea is to bring Melo in and make him happy, so he re-signs with the team at season's end.

Nets will be keeping Favors and Lopez.

Wolves won't field offers for Rubio, no matter what. Way too high on him. Love could be traded because of the way he's been talking lately, but that leaves them with no big down low...a big from Denver would have to be included. Wesley Johnson is someone Minny can put on the table...but they will try and keep him because Rubio isn't in the league just yet, and Melo won't be doing much of anything with just Love at his side (this season), so it makes it tough for him to want to re-sign.

Sacramento won't be trading Evans or Cousins. Thompson, Landry, Casspi, Udrih...all of those guys will be considered, but not the two franchise players. The idea is to bring Melo in and make him happy, so he re-signs with the team at season's end.

Nets will be keeping Favors and Lopez.

Wolves won't field offers for Rubio, no matter what. Way too high on him. Love could be traded because of the way he's been talking lately, but that leaves them with no big down low...a big from Denver would have to be included. Wesley Johnson is someone Minny can put on the table...but they will try and keep him because Rubio isn't in the league just yet, and Melo won't be doing much of anything with just Love at his side (this season), so it makes it tough for him to want to re-sign.

Do you think Portland can field the best offer out of anyone, if they have interest in Melo? and would Denver even trade him in the division?

^Who would they give then? Francisco Garcia??

DeMarcus Cousins is Nene v. 2.0 that ain't happening.

Who do you suggest they trade? Personally, I don't like Tyreke, I think he got a little bit of attitude, but as long as he performs, I'll take him...

Just cause they want to trade to the Kings that don't mean it can happen or the felling is mutual. I am very sure the Kings would not be willing to give up Evans for Melo, even though right now Melo is a better player. Evans is the face of that franchise and will be for years to come.

you've got to understand that these teams would be taking on Melo for a one year rental more or less as long as he doesnt sign that extension. So with that in mind i dont see any of these teams except the nets actually biting the bullet and trying to trade for him, because the wolves and kings would have to give away their best players in tyreke and love just for the chance to get him, and in the end he would most definitely leave them come free agency. With that in mind, i could see Melo for T-Will, Murphy, Humphries and a 1st

murphy and humphries are both expirings and would help the depth of the nuggets big men, as there all injured, and T-Will has the potential to be a star, and should take Melos place

• Owner

Do you think Portland can field the best offer out of anyone, if they have interest in Melo? and would Denver even trade him in the division?

Portland definitely has the pieces, but Denver would demand too much BECAUSE they are in the same division. A trio of Roy, Melo and Aldridge is scary...and I'm not sure if Denver would allow that to form.

Assuming the offer was right in Denver's eyes, it would include Aldridge, and if not, it would rip the guts out of the team and leave Portland with three good players.

What are these? Murphy, T-Will, Humphries and 1st? Dalembert, Thompson, Greene and 1st?

For the best SF after LeBron?

If I were the Nuggets owner, I'd tell those teams (and Melo) to kiss my [expletive] and rather lose him for nothing than take scrubs, that's what.

Melo surely doesn't want to go to the next summer not signing extension... we Nuggets have a little bit of leverage.

But obviously I'd assure those teams that we'd trade Melo AFTER he signs the extension, so this would not be a 1 year rental... pretty much eliminated T-Wolves and Kings because Melo (his wife) would never go there...

Edited by Snake

The Nuggets don't have any control over this despite believing they do. No teams going to rip up the roster for what could be a season long loan, Melo isn't going to sign for a club that has no team left. The best thing for Denver is to work with Melo and come to a win-win scenario because right now Denver are going to be left with nothingand he will go to whomever he pleases for either next to nothing come deadline day or as an FA and it would appear he's going to NYK.

if i'm Sacramento, i don't give up 'Reke for Melo. imo in 5 years 'Reke will be a better player than Melo.

I am not too sure whether Tyreke will be a better player than Melo but the Kings won't be any better off with Melo than they are with Tyreke.

I am not too sure whether Tyreke will be a better player than Melo but the Kings won't be any better off with Melo than they are with Tyreke.

keep in mind he averaged 20/5/5 in his rookie season. only Oscar, MJ and Bron have ever done that, and i would say those guys are better than Melo. obviously right now Melo is better, but in a few years i think Reke would be better

• Owner

The Nuggets don't have any control over this despite believing they do. No teams going to rip up the roster for what could be a season long loan, Melo isn't going to sign for a club that has no team left. The best thing for Denver is to work with Melo and come to a win-win scenario because right now Denver are going to be left with nothingand he will go to whomever he pleases for either next to nothing come deadline day or as an FA and it would appear he's going to NYK.

I disagree.

One season with the jersey on still gives you an opportunity to re-sign him...he doesn't want to wait to sign in July. It would be stupid to wait and risk losing all of that money because of the potential CBA changes (and we're talking a HUGE decrease in salary).

Plus, there's also a chance he gives back to the team he goes to by pulling off a sign-and-trade, gives him one extra year (more money), so even if he doesn't stay, the team that rakes him in now will more than likely get something out of the deal.

Ask Cleveland and Toronto how they feel about the large trade exception and the picks they received from Bron and Bosh leaving town, all because those two wanted the extra year.

Denver wants picks and expirings? A team like the Kings can keep Evans and Cousins, bring in Melo, and give him a reason to stay. Why would Melo want to leave then? If he did, as noted above, he would take advantage of it by a sign-and-trade for a six-year deal, rather than a five...and that's all assuming he actually decided to wait and not sign the extension NOW, which is exactly what he's wanting to do to get paid.

Absolutely no reason to NOT go after Melo right now, for any team that is one superstar away from being a 50+ win team.

My take is:

- Melo wants to go East: e.g. New York, New Jersey that is close to Baltimore... but he will welcome big cities such as Chicago, LA. These teams are on his list.

- If he's traded to those teams on his list, he's willing to do "extend and trade".

- If Nuggets try to trade him to one that is not on his list (small market teams), Melo will not "extend and trade" and will leave after 1 year

The solution that produces win-win-win situation for all three parties involved (Melo, Nuggets, and the team acquiring Melo) is to extend and trade him to the team on his list. This way, Melo will get the money he seeks, the team acquiring Melo knows it's not a 1 yr rental thing, and therefore Nuggets get more in trade value in return.

The team that makes most sense is the Nets:

- It has young talents to offer Nuggets

- It will move to Brooklyn and close to his hometown and become a big market city

- Phokorov is a multi-billionaire and noone is better to learn from if Melo aims to be a billionaire

- Phokorov seems like a man with a vision, when he said his goal is to turn Knick fans into Net fans, he was serious... if you have a plan that is executed with persistence, it should prevail

- Avery Johnson at helm assures this team will be at least respectable

Second team is imo the Clippers if Sterling is sold on Melo's superstar ability to sell tickets and merchandise and the fact that Melo has carried the Nuggets to playoffs every year with seemingly little help (Nene and KMart have been injury prone, in his second year we had no SG/ player that shot well from 3s) therefore is willing to trade his young guns: DeAndre Jordan, Al Farouq Aminu, Eric Gordon, future picks.

DeAndre Jordan is a massive dude with potential to be one of the best defensive centers... I think Aminu is a Paul Pierce in the making, Gordon is steadily improving to a star status.

The Nuggets have to at least take a look at this offer.