Martin: Rockets Will Survive Without Ariza

The Regime

Rockets forward Kevin Martin doesn't think the team will be that shorthanded without Trevor Ariza, who was dealt to the Hornets earlier this month.

"It shows how much faith Daryl has put in our other 3s -- in Shane and Chase [budinger]," Martin said.

"With the starting lineup we have now, Shane is the defensive stopper, and that helps us a lot there. Those guys will have to pick up Trevor's production on both ends of the court. I think we have a great system that allows other guys to do that."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68911/20100830/martin_rockets_will_survive_without_ariza/

Ariza is a hustler and a good player.. but Rockets won't miss him. I think he had a better time with the Lakers then in Houston. Now Rockets have Yao back healthy, C. Lee and also Aaron Brooks. They're looking good and I think Martin is right. They'll even make the playoffs without Ariza

Well by simply adding and subtracting, having Yao along with Courtney Lee is certainly better than having Ariza alone. Even if Shane was the only SF they have I won't be worried and yet they still got Chase Budinger waiting in the wings. Definitely not lacking in depth in any position.