TOP 10 QBs

SRT Spidey

Most of you know more football than I do, though, so you're welcome to chew up the list, haha.

Lol, well I have "little football knowledge" according to the great Fish Romo so I guess we're in the same boat.

1a) Peyton Manning

1b) Tom Brady

3) Drew Brees

4) Aaron Rodgers

5) Ben Roethlisberger

6) Brett Favre

7) Phillip Rivers

8) Tony Romo

9) Eli Manning

10) Matt Schaub

I think Carson Palmer will look halfway decent this season, with TO, Ocho, Shipley and Gresham to throw to...not sure if he's going to rack up 4,000 yards, but it's possible as long as he stays healthy the entire year. Can't stick him above Schaub, though.

Flacco and Ryan can be considered for the next two, I think, but I can't stick them in the ten, either.

Pretty difficult list to put together, honestly. Peyton is the best QB in the NFL, in my opinion...but I get this itch that it'll be Brady by the end of the season. Coin-flips for Rodgers, Big Ben and Favre...and I stuck Favre below both because of the picks he throws (and has been notorious for throwing his entire career).

Most of you know more football than I do, though, so you're welcome to chew up the list, haha.

Not really a bad list at all, a lot of people have questionable placement.

at least you don't have Joe Flacco up there

We'll see how he does this year. I kinda expect a comeback year for McNabb.

Last year Romo put up 4483 Yards, 26 TD, 9 INT, 97.6 QB Rat, 63.1% Comp... McNabb's best season of his past three (being generous, giving him a 3 year split to choose his best season) was 3916 Yards, 23 TD, 11 INT, 86.4 QB Rat, 60.4% Comp. Fairly safe to say that Romo is the better of the two, in my opinion at least. But I guess everyone looks at it differently ^_^

Last year Romo put up 4483 Yards, 26 TD, 9 INT, 97.6 QB Rat, 63.1% Comp... McNabb's best season of his past three (being generous, giving him a 3 year split to choose his best season) was 3916 Yards, 23 TD, 11 INT, 86.4 QB Rat, 60.4% Comp. Fairly safe to say that Romo is the better of the two, in my opinion at least. But I guess everyone looks at it differently ^_^

Romo's always had good numbers but Donovan's never had the receiver's that Romo's had to throw to. The one year with T.O. we saw how good he could be and then more recently with DeSean. Romo's had T.O., Williams, Austin and Witten.

Romo's always had good numbers but Donovan's never had the receiver's that Romo's had to throw to. The one year with T.O. we saw how good he could be and then more recently with DeSean. Romo's had T.O., Williams, Austin and Witten.

A lot of people would say

pass catching wise

desean > miles

Maclin > Roy Will

Avant > Crayton

Celek = Witten

so yeah, pretty sure romo doesn't have that much of a better receiving core

T.O. with the Eagles and T.O. with the Cowboys are a near wash, though I think his athleticism was beginning to go around year 2 with Dallas.

Miles Austin might be slightly better than DeSean Jackson, but you have to consider how much better Jeremy Maclin is than Roy Williams at this point, and Avant is comparable to Crayton. Witten might get more looks and have more yards, but Celek had a better YPC and more TD's, and only 59 less receiving yards.

You also have to factor in that Westbrook was one of the best passcatching halfbacks out of the backfield in the past decade, and you see that he really didn't have a shortage of weapons post-James Thrash days.

• 3 months later...
  • Owner

1a) Peyton Manning

1b) Tom Brady

3) Drew Brees

4) Aaron Rodgers

5) Ben Roethlisberger

6) Brett Favre

7) Phillip Rivers

8) Tony Romo

9) Eli Manning

10) Matt Schaub

I think Carson Palmer will look halfway decent this season, with TO, Ocho, Shipley and Gresham to throw to...not sure if he's going to rack up 4,000 yards, but it's possible as long as he stays healthy the entire year. Can't stick him above Schaub, though.

Flacco and Ryan can be considered for the next two, I think, but I can't stick them in the ten, either.

Pretty difficult list to put together, honestly. Peyton is the best QB in the NFL, in my opinion...but I get this itch that it'll be Brady by the end of the season. Coin-flips for Rodgers, Big Ben and Favre...and I stuck Favre below both because of the picks he throws (and has been notorious for throwing his entire career).

BUMP!

Loving the bold...but PLEASE ignore what I said about Carson Palmer. :lol:

• Owner

I'm more gawking at Favre at 6 :lol:

Well, most of that was due to what he did last season. Didn't Favre reach his INT total of 2009 by the third or fourth game of this year? :lol:

I'm thinking if Favre stayed completely healthy, no Childress, and Rice was fine the entire year, he would be putting up better numbers and the Vikes wouldn't be in the hole they are in now. Harvin has been gimpy most of the season, too.

Well, most of that was due to what he did last season. Didn't Favre reach his INT total of 2009 by the third or fourth game of this year? :lol:

I'm thinking if Favre stayed completely healthy, no Childress, and Rice was fine the entire year, he would be putting up better numbers and the Vikes wouldn't be in the hole they are in now. Harvin has been gimpy most of the season, too.

Damn, I was really hoping this thread wouldn't get bumped for a while. I was planning on bumping some threads at the end of the season if everythign goes as I hope.

Also, does anyone have a link to the ESPN "expert" predictions from the beginning of the season? I bumped a thread with their predictions last season or the season before, but I can't find it for this season. It's the list where they predict everything from the division winners, Super Bwol winners, ROTY winnes, ect.