Celtics set to sign Delonte West

magicbalala245

The Boston Celtics announced today that they have signed free agent guard Delonte West. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

West, a 6’3” guard, has posted career averages of 10.0 points, 3.7 assists and has shot 37.3% from beyond the arc. Originally drafted by the Celtics with the 24th pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, West posted a career-high 12.2 points during his last season with the Celtics in 2006-07.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68943/20100901/celtics_sign_delonte_west/#ixzz0yJZ8PQDT

RealGM

Sure, guess this must mean Ainge doesn't like our chances at Fernandez.

Ouch. Cavs are going to suck. But amazing news for Boston, he will make this bench even better. Can't wait to see him in green. I think he should come off the bench and replace either Rondo or Allen. He could do PG or SG

I'm pretty sure that Delonte West isn't going to be the difference maker between the Cavs being a half decent team to sucking. He's a good role player, I'll give him that, but the Cavs are going to be a very mediocre team with or without him.

I'm pretty sure that Delonte West isn't going to be the difference maker between the Cavs being a half decent team to sucking. He's a good role player, I'll give him that, but the Cavs are going to be a very mediocre team with or without him.

true. But he'll be better then nothing for the Cavs! Cavs really need anybody to survive

Why should the Cavs have kept Delonte? You do realize they got a decent player in Ramon Sessions for him, as well as Hollins.

You trade a guy who was in trouble with the law and get two youngsters in return, I'd say that's making most of the situation.

Good move for Boston.

I hate to bring up how much I liked Delonte because that of course forces me to remember the era when that scum played for us.