Washington at Orlando

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

I'm really looking forward to this game. I'm actually half a Wizards fan now, and I'm excited to see how John Wall does tonight. He's the face of the franchise in his rookie season, and some are saying that's too much for him to handle, but I think he'll play an amazing debut game just like Blake Griffin did. I too, think that the Magic will win this game, but expect it to be a very close, tightly matched game. The Wizards won't have Arenas so that will be tough on them as well. Should be a fun game to watch though.

Funny, the announcer remarked on how Calapari's G's turn into ROY, he mentioned Rose and Wall, he forgot about Tyreke Evans too! lol Imagine that back to back to back rookie of the year PG's for Calapari, that would be incredible.

man..Blatche SUCKS; dude is forcing and bricking everything he puts up.

Who is that Martin guy? Looked like he was brought in to guard VC but has made a real nice contribution offensively making the 3 jumpshots hes attempted. I hadnt heard of him before.

I wish Washington knew how to defend so we could see more of Wall in the open court...

man..Blatche SUCKS; dude is forcing and bricking everything he puts up.

He was either double teamed every time he touched the ball or guarded by the two time defensive player of the year. You really expect him to play well against one of the best defensive teams in the league? Should he have attempted some of the shots he took? Probably not, but he's a young guy trying to establish some sort of rhythm in the first game of the season. Eventually things should work out for him, it's not every day he's going to be facing a player like Dwight or a defense like Orlando. Just give him time, remember, he's still recovering from his injury in the offseason.

Who is that Martin guy? Looked like he was brought in to guard VC but has made a real nice contribution offensively making the 3 jumpshots hes attempted. I hadnt heard of him before.

Yeah he grew on me last year. I was really pushing for him to make the team simply because he's a smart player who knows his role and can knock down open jumpers.

Honestly, I'm not even remotely shocked by the outcome of the first half. We're just not on their level, plain and simple. Wall looked a bit nervous coming into the game, had some open shots but missed (expected), and had some easy opportunities to score like that floater over Howard. He can't really rack up any assist either, he has no one to pass to. Orlando is making it so hard on us to score, no one is getting good looks.

I won't criticize the team too much nor will I take much out of the game.